RSW15 vs SVS B4 Plus

mtber101

Twin RSW-15's would give you punch that would knock a hole in a 10ft thick wall, and do so which bone crunching levels at 30hz and above.

The SVS-B4 is a monster earthquake producer, it can dig to the lowest of octaves with force. B4 shows no mercy when it comes to sub bass levels.

Two RSW15 subs do well above 30Hz,and have plenty of shake N bake.RSW15's have massive punch,two units will send your ears to the ER.

However a single B4-Plus has few peers when it comes to total sub bass might,down to 20Hz it will batter the foundations of your shack.After testing dual SVS Ultra subs with a TFM-75 I know first hand(ear)what SVS's best is capable of down low.

Its a choice of ubber slamd and ubber abyss bass.Your choice

For music the RSW15's are fun,they have serious whack and slap the taste out of your ears,SVS subs will rattle your bones and then some.

The B4-Plus is a better sub no doubt,with a mighty power amp fits very well among the three most powerful subwoofers for home ever made.The others are Adire Pinnacle Everest and the compact dynamite Krell MRS.

Two RSW15's will bring awe inspiring punch

actually, if you got the RSW-15's from an unauthrozied dealer (what I did) you could get 3 of them for the price of one B4. I haven't heard the B4 or any SVS sub so I can't say anything about them, but the RSW-15 I have performs very well and I love it for music, even more os than the velo HGS-18, ESPECIALLY at the price of about 1,200.

----------------

On 8/10/2003 12:06:42 PM TheEAR wrote:

Two RSW15 subs do well above 30Hz,and have plenty of shake N bake.RSW15's have massive punch,two units will send your ears to the ER.

Its a choice of ubber slamd and ubber abyss bass.Your choice

For music the RSW15's are fun,they have serious whack and slap the taste out of your ears,

Two RSW15's will bring awe inspiring punch

----------------

Yep that pretty much sums it up.

~shoe

----------------

On 8/11/2003 1:25:09 PM mtber101 wrote:

Thanks for the info guys. I think i'll go with two RSW15's or maybe even three....if the price is right:) But i do kind of like just having one b4plus and being able to shake your pants off...
----------------

If you are looking to knock you're socks, the RSW-15 will definately do it. If you're looking for the most clean output for your money, something like the PB2 Plus will out extend and have more clean output than the RSW-15. I mention it because it's in the price range of the RSW-15(cheaper I think). SVS is also coming out with a PB2 Ultra, which is essentially the same thing as a PB2 Plus but with two of the awesome TV-12 drivers. It will be available in 5 different wood finishes. Check out the SVS news page for more information.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/news.htm

If you decide to go with dual PB2 Plus', then you should have more output than a B4 Plus given the same power. I say this because looking at the enclosure size, two PB2's will have more enclosure volume and two more 4" flared ports(biggest plus IMO).

frankie,

Things are shaping up,soon I'll free plenty of space in my larger room to integrate at least dual SVS SS and one B2-Ultra.I love the real wood finish on the SS and high end SVS.The 15" Revel is going to join the RSW15,RSW10 moved to my PC.

One thing is for sure,I am going to get some SVS THIS YEAR.I must

9.gif

Maybe a SVS PC-Plus for my PC too.Who knows,I buy on impulse.

I tough to have so many subs,sometimes I dont know what to mix and match next.9.gif

----------------

On 8/11/2003 4:24:28 PM TheEAR wrote:

frankie,

Things are shaping up,soon I'll free plenty of space in my larger room to integrate at least dual SVS SS and one B2-Ultra.I love the real wood finish on the SS and high end SVS.The 15" Revel is going to join the RSW15,RSW10 moved to my PC.

One thing is for sure,I am going to get some SVS THIS YEAR.I must

9.gif

Maybe a SVS PC-Plus for my PC too.Who knows,I buy on impulse.

----------------

Even with as big of a fan of SVS I am, I could never bring myself to buy the SS with the CS Ultra being so much cheaper, but I know it's not intended to be value sub(meaning within SVS's own lines). When compared to some of it's higher priced competition, it could be considered a value. At least you're coming around to enjoy the SVS craze.

----------------

I tough to have so many subs,sometimes I dont know what to mix and match next.9.gif

----------------

Must be nice. I was happy with my SVS Ultra until I helped my bro build a DIY tube sub and once I saw the bang/buck ratio I started thinking of what I could do with more money so I sold the SVS. Now I'm close to completed on my dual AV15 sonotube enclosures. I have 4 SVS CS driver's in the closet that I'm thinking of using for a really whacky looking sub(see attachment) that's gonna be push/pull with isobaric pairs(not sure if I want to try cabinet as complex as I'll ned for this) using 2 15" passive radiators, I'm trying to get the same response curve as my Stryke tubes so they mate better. I also have 2 Cerwin Vega 12" car subs that I want to use for something(probably a PC sub). I also have a 10" Audiobahn car sub that I want to try and use in a JBL DPS-10(old home sub) enclosure(not sure where this will go).

Just the other day, I also just finished a sub I built out of extra stuff I had lying around. I had extra MDF, sonotube, and a SVS CS woofer that wasn't slotted for any projects, so I threw it together since I was already cutting endcaps for my Stryke subs. Internal volume is about 2 cu ft. I haven't had time to play with it, I just briefly tested it out to make sure it worked. I found out I did the dumbest of things, on the top endcap I never closed up the 1/8" hole I drilled for my circle cutting guide, gotta fix that today. I haven't decided how I want to finish it, but I just got back from Target and bought these for legs. I only recently realized that I'm becoming a subaholic like you, it hit me when I had the "spare parts"(this includes absolutely everything from binding posts and to the woofer) to make a subwoofer.

My name is Frankie and it feels good to be a subaholic9.gif.

post-7551-13819248734838_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 8/9/2003 11:52:12 PM InnovaZero wrote:

Twin RSW-15's would give you punch that would knock a hole in a 10ft thick wall, and do so which bone crunching levels at 30hz and above.

The SVS-B4 is a monster earthquake producer, it can dig to the lowest of octaves with force. B4 shows no mercy when it comes to sub bass levels.
----------------

something about your post seems kind of "advertisy" to me....

----------------

On 8/9/2003 4:03:15 PM mtber101 wrote:

The B4+ plus is going to cost my twice as much....so how much better is it going to be? Is the rsw15 better at some things? And same with the B4+?

What about even going with two RSW15....same price range as the B4plus
----------------

RSW-15 any day....

----------------

On 8/12/2003 6:28:39 AM blake_mooney wrote:

----------------

On 8/9/2003 11:52:12 PM InnovaZero wrote:

----------------

something about your post seems kind of "advertisy" to me....

----------------

i think innova knows what he is talking about - nothing advertisy about that.

----------------

On 8/12/2003 6:29:05 AM blake_mooney wrote:

----------------

On 8/9/2003 4:03:15 PM mtber101 wrote:

The B4+ plus is going to cost my twice as much....so how much better is it going to be? Is the rsw15 better at some things? And same with the B4+?

What about even going with two RSW15....same price range as the B4plus----------------

RSW-15 any day....

----------------

Blake Monkey,

You are entitled to your own opinion, but are you sure you know what the B4 Plus is?