Discussion of the Matrix trilogy

damonrpayne

OK, based on the other Matrix thread I really wanted to see what everyone thought about how the Trilogy might end. Here are some theories that I have.

WARNING: spoilers, don't read unless you've seen "The Matrix" and "The Matrix Reloaded"

-The worst way they could end it is that "The Architect" who tells Neo how the whole idea of the one is another level of control is really bluffing. He's not really sure he can destroy Zion, but all the other "The One(s)" have just bought his story and gone along with it. In the 3rd movie humanity will beat up the machines and reclaim the earth. This wouldn't be very satisfying.

-When Neo zaps the squiddies at the end of Reloaded, could this mean that what they think is the real world is in fact just another level of the Matrix or a Matrix type world wrapping the Matrix they know? The movie "The 13th floor" presented this idea of a fantasy world that created a fantasy world inside it. How would the trilogy end then?

-Agent Smith seems to somehow be able to get into the real world and possess a person even though he is a Program and never had tangible connection to reality outside the matrix. Neo seems to be able to zap things in the matrix even in what we assume is the "real world." Based on the rules that are presented in the 1st movie, neither one of these things should be possible. Is this link somehow the key to how the movie will end? I think this is more likely than the other two theories, they will explain that there is some metaphysical link between the worlds, or that the code Neo carries somehow allows him access to the matrix without being plugged in. Neo will do something in the Matrix at the last second that will allow Zion to defeat the machines in the real world.

thoughts?

My impressions were that zion and the people outside the matrix were actually in a deeper levil of the matrix. That Neo and the other "ones" before him and all there rebelion was controlled making the power plant more productive and most importantly under the control of the machines.

I was thinking that now that Neo knows this he can start to think more inteligently and decode the matrix and out think and defeat the archetect.

How will it end? I think Neo will defeat and undo the matrix. What will they do with a bunch of unplugged people. Rebuild a civilization? I doubt they will get into that, just that Neo will be the "savior" in the story.

Will have to wait and see.

Would be nice if Reload hits DVD before the next release.

JM

----------------

On 8/15/2003 2:50:17 PM damonrpayne wrote:

-When Neo zaps the squiddies at the end of Reloaded, could this mean that what they think is the real world is in fact just another level of the Matrix or a Matrix type world wrapping the Matrix they know? The movie "The 13th floor" presented this idea of a fantasy world that created a fantasy world inside it. How would the trilogy end then?

----------------

Since we are just throwing personal opinions here... I'm one of those who theorises that the "real world" we have seen in the first two movies, including Zion, are all part of the Matrix. If you think back to the first movie... I believe it is agent Smith that explains:

- The first Matrix was too perfect and people didn't buy it, so they had to scrap that program

- The revised Matrix included imperfections and was much more acceptable to most humans

But what to do with the few humans which didn't buy into it? Simple, write a new layer where they believe they are rebelling against the machine while remaining in its' control. Zion. They even programmed in a babysitter... the prophecy...

Where will it go from there? I must warn you, as I will include spoilers to the unreleased movie... 9.gif

The movie will end with Neo (and maybe several others) waking up in his pod (cocoon?) actually outside of the matrix. In other words, the start of a real "rebellion" You see... Neo is "the ONE" ... just that the rebellion isn't as far advanced as they believed.

What do you guys think?

Rob

I believe that would make for an excellent ending. Something else I thought of, they could wake up out of the real matrix and find the world is just fine and the matrix was a government experiment or something. (Not too likely but would certainly come from nowhere and be a surprise)

That would be one hell of an ending!

Hmm... I recall that kind of theory was the basis for an episode of Star Trek in which they were in mulitiple realities and could not figure out what was real and what was not. Ulitmately, they found themselves wondering if their own reality was in fact...real.