RSW-12 or SVS 25-31 PC+ ?

jhingalala

----------------

On 8/19/2003 11:24:49 AM jhingalala wrote:

Which one would be recommended ? I play 50% music and 50% movies.

Tom V. @ SVS had recommended the 25-31 PC+ for my room size when I contacted him.

I also have an opportunity to get the RSW-12 display model for a price little over the SVS.

Thanks in advance !

----------------

Both are very potent subs, but the 25-31PC Plus will reach higher levels with less distortion and extend lower. The SVS also has a bit more flexibility, it has an continously adjustable phase(instead of a switch), adjustable tuning points, and an adjustable subsonic filter. I'd go as far to venture the 25-31PC Pluswould be good competition for the extremely potent RSW-15.

Well you came to the right place.I had both these subs in my house and the SVS was no match for the rsw12.I sent the svs back,gladly paid the $45 shipping(svs is a great company,great products).I listen to 50% stereo,40% multi ch audio and the balance in movies.The svs was fine for movies but didn't cut it on music.The rsw 12 can handle most movies and excells in music/concerts.I ended up gettin' the rsw 15 only because it comes in cherry.At retail its a tough decision,for slightly more than a svs 25/31pc+ its easy.

----------------

On 8/20/2003 8:08:58 PM Fish wrote:

Well you came to the right place.I had both these subs in my house and the SVS was no match for the rsw12.I sent the svs back,gladly paid the $45 shipping(svs is a great company,great products).I listen to 50% stereo,40% multi ch audio and the balance in movies.The svs was fine for movies but didn't cut it on music.The rsw 12 can handle most movies and excells in music/concerts.I ended up gettin' the rsw 15 only because it comes in cherry.At retail its a tough decision,for slightly more than a svs 25/31pc+ its easy.

----------------

In what way was it "no match" for the SVS? Were the subs placed in the same location when you tested them?

I've had one of the SVS Plus subs in my system and it's was a far cry from being non-musical, actually I'd have a hard time distinguishing it from the CS Ultra unless the Plus was at it's limits. I've only store demoed a RSW12, so I can't accurately give a subjective comparison.

Have you considered the new SVS PB2isd. It is supposed to be more musical than one PC+ as well more powerful. Take a look at the svs website, they are taking preorders for sept 15 shipping date.

With regards to the SVS and RSW. Personally I prefer the 2 SVS that I have. They are on opposite sides of the HT, room restrictions, and when properly tuned they really stir up things whether playing music or movies.

But it was really dependent if I take the time to calibrate them.

Another consideration for me was real estate. the SVS takes up a little less floor area. Either way you will be happy.

Scott