the world's againt me!

bassetized

i'm working my way very slowly to an all Heresy HT...

the reason i bring this up is that no one seems to understand. the idea that i would use 20 plus year old speakers for a home theater seems to bewilder salesfolk(probably because they aren't gonna get a speaker sale). my partner didn't get it until she heard them in stereo. now, she admits that even though some newer speakers might sound OK, they ain't Heresy's. at least i got someone on my side. i just scored another pair on Monday, and now i have begun to build funds back up for another pair. i only have room for 5.1, but i'm thinking of the future (HA!).

You are not alone! I bought my set of heresy`s in the early 80`s and have them set up as the mains on my HT setup with LaScala`s as the rears. it felt and sounded like helicopters were landing in the room with me over the weekend while watching We were soliders. Now what will be next more heresy`s or LaScala`s or maybe a set of Belle`s!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world is not against you. In fact you may find a lot of friends here.. an all Heresy HT is a great idea!!

Get a killer sub to compliment them...And you will be the envy of almost everyone. (subs are a must for HT don't kid yourself.)

Enjoy yourself, your with friends that fully understand too. Please post pics and keep us updated. Welcome to the board and keep it all heresy I or II (I assume you have started with I's from the dates)

Your definetely among friends here. An all Heresy HT (used) is a nice low cost high performance HT. Probably the best bang for the buck dollar for dollar spent IMHO.

Most of my HT speakers are from the late 70's early 80's. Newest are my '89 Heresy 2s

Evan my amps are are from '69 to '75. Sound stage is much more detailed and 3D sounding using old McIntosh amps. My whole HT will be driven by vintage McIntosh in the next year (hopefully).

The only new technology you need in a HT is your DVD player, HT processor and TV or better yet, projector.

JM