Nice pair of Wright 3.5 Mono amps on Audiogon.......

Cut-Throat

This seems to be a very fair price given the tube selection if still with plenty of hours. IF he would do this including shipping, you have a fair deal to be sure. I would add that you do need at least the Cornwall for these to totally bloom. Also, I tend to prefer them with Jazz/Classical over rock although I have heard them with rock and they do well, but perhaps not to the appeal of some of the more aggressive listeners.

Still, I would rank the Wright Sound 3.5 as one of the BEST bargains in SET amps and a no brainer as you could sell and get your full money in return within a week. It's one of the best amps to taste what SET can do without losing your shirt, hat, and sanity. They are small and easy to place as well. Hardly anyone has tried but a few tweaks might be VERY amusing. As stock, they are extremely nice. OPEN and UNFETTERED are key words here with that SEE-THRU quality that makes SET stand apart.

wright_audiogon.gif

wright35_pair.jpg

kh

note: Once again, that shot is from my own collection and not the actual amps for sale

Craig and I were talking about SET.

I think it is really a unique choice. Allot of factors to consider.

-room size

-music genre preference

-SPL preference

-K Horn efficiency or 5 db less speakers?

I heard SET only a couple of times and found the design concept to be quite pleasing.

A direction new audio nuts should be carefull to jump into quickly, so you do not risk cash on a amp that may not provide enough SPL.

Do the research; sweat the details.