Another trip to the NOS VALVES Lab..Mark III test

Audio Flynn

All:

Uh-oh... wire debate... better take off my polyester suit.

If you didn't get the chance, I really wish you could have been at the Klipsch Indy Open House earlier this year. They had an A-B-X setup for testing wire. No-one got over 50% (i.e. what the monkey could get). It would have been interesting to try the wire you're talking about here.. or to compare IC (it was only set up for speaker wire).

I won't deny that wire makes a difference. I will dispute the claim that one can actually hear it!

A-B-X tests for all!!!!

Mace

There is no wire debate here. Everyone agrees different configurations of wire effect the signal. However, this could quickly turn into a DBT debate.

The "flaw" in the testing as I see is that conditions are never optimal for good listening. It is difficult to pick up changes when listening in an environment one is not completely relaxed in, using music one is not completely familiar with, or doing the testing with gear not condusive to picking up the subtle differences. Stick me in a room I've never been in before, with people I don't know well, listening to music I've only had limited exposure too, with gear I've never lived with -- and I probably couldn't tell you if there had been an amp change, source change, or a cable change.