RF5/RF7 vs RF25/RF35

jgmiterek

Besides the huge price differance just how much better are the rf5's and 7's over the 25's and 35's?

i ordered 5.1 that includes 2xrf25's, rc35, 2xrc35's and sub for about 1800 shipped...should i be kicking my self for not getting the rf5/7's? i know they are way more expansive but if maybe i waited few more months then i could have cought up the cash....maybe....

Personally, I only consider the 15, 35, and 7 as choices. The 25 and 5 seemed too much like "half steps" to me.

For example, the RF-5 uses the exact same sized drivers as the RF-35, the only difference being the 1" tweeter gets pushed through a larger horn (8" instead of 6") and the sub has a 3hz lower reach (all in a larger case, of course). I just didn't feel like stepping up from a 35 to a 5 was going to give me anything more than 25watts more power handling, especially if a sub was going to handle the low end anyway.

Compare that to the RF-7, which increases the size of all of my drivers, and gives me 125watts more powerhandling to boot. That's a REAL step in my book. Mind you, it IS twice as much, but then we can already see the pattern forming that the 55 and 75 will be on thier way soon, and those prices will likely drop like the 35 did from the 3.

But then, I havn't owned nearly as many speakers as others on this board have, so take it all with a grain of salt 2.gif

the difference is night and day, the nicest way i could put it, the differences between the 2 systems is dramatic, i traveled your path, in the begining, and i wished i had another chance, if you are with a reputable dealor ask if you could trade up? your front channels are good, but center and surround will leave you wanting12.gif

How much better are the RF7's as compared to RF35's? Well first the RF7's have real deep bass and impact no other R series speakers have,bass is very present down in the mid 30Hz.

The midrange is cleaner and the true compression tweeter efortless even when high demands are placed on the tweeter.At over 100dB 1W/1M only the large heritage Klipsch give you more,and more efortless.

Just listen for yourself compare them both,you will hear right away the efortless qualities of the RF7's.

I did not compare the RB5's with the new bookshelf Klipsch so I cannot say.Did not compare them side by side