Color Matching Reference Series

CO1nf

Black Black Black (what else did you think)

See what klipsch did with the RF-5 and RF-7.

Ok real-wood enclosure, but the front is still in black. Smile.gif You see, the cone's need to shine through.

So in eather way use dark colors.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

I know I'll get killed for asking this question, but ... there's no way to actually paint the CONES, is there? I mean, without messing up their sound capabilites?

I know, I know, it would be impossible, but I don't LIKE that gold color! Many, I'm sure, disagree, but, I'm sorry to say, I am right and you are all wrong.

With the possible exception of the cabinents, speakers should be all one color. You could have one color for the cabinents and one color for the front without the grills, but that's about it.

Don't bother putting up an argument abou this, because it's just the natural way things should be.

Okay, I'm kidding, kind of, but personally, I do strongly feel that way. And my first question, as stupid as I know it must be, stands. ANY way to turn those cones black without defeating their purpose in the first place? I'll send you an autographed picture of myself if you can find a way.

This message has been edited by belial on 05-27-2001 at 03:12 PM

Ha!Ha! You guys are pretty funny. I'm sorry for the confusion but I do not intend to paint the speakers. I'm building a new computer with all the latest tech, Geforce 3, 256MB PC2100 DDR ram, Tbird 1333 or it's soon to be released successor, ect. The case alone is costing me over $600.00 as I'm modding it to O/C the crap out of everything. I have my computer hooked up to my Reference Series speakers and my ProMedias so I want to paint the case to match the speakers. It's a black Alienware case so I want to Paint the fan grills,power buttons,eject buttons,ect... the same color as the cones on the speakers. I've already emailed BobG for the Pantone number I just wanted to clear things up.

The Pantone Number is not going to get you the color match. Take the seaker to your local Automotive paint store to see if they can match. I personally would try a spray can because that copper color you would need will have a very fine metallic in it usualy only found in a rattle can.