Help!!!!!!!!

ptony619

I currently have a 2.1 system. I have purchased some heavy duty speaker stands(for bookshelves) that can be filled with sand or whatever. I want to fill these stands with buckshot which was suggested here on this forum. Where can I purchase this buckshot or lead to put inside my new speaker stands? Thanks in advance.

Got with the lead shot. For my other speakers and stands, I actually use a combination of lead shot and sand with a 25lb of shot followed by sand. In stands, do all you can. Fill the whole beast up with shot if you feel like it. When damping speakers, the amount is much more critical as it can deaden the cabinet and sonics if not used with care. Too much sand and shot in my ProAcs actually produces a more dull sound with less life. With a speaker stand, go for whatever you can. I prefer to SPIKE the bottom and to use fridge putty or Blue Tac on the four corners between speaker and stand (this over spikes between two).

kh