RW 12 Sub Availablity

jmrswr

What's up with the slow distribution of the new subs? I live in the Dallas area and there aren't any in town. I've been waiting patiently for these.

I've had a RW-10 to evaluate and like it pretty well. I have to return it in 2 weeks if Ultimate Electronics doesn't get the 12 in. I hate to order off the web and get sub-par equip. or worry about the transaction.

I'm looking for a little more output. I've read in the forum that there is a noticeable difference in the two subs.

We are building RW subs as fast as we can but the pipeline is taking a while to fill. Sales on all three RW models have exceeded our expectation (and that was pretty high to begin with). There is definitely a performance step between the RW-10 and the RW-12. Last week, we displayed a system with RCW-5 and RCR-5 in-wall and in-ceiling speakers along with 2 RW-12's. It was at the CEDIA trade show in a completely open space. The dual RW-12's were extremely impressive in that installation.

jmrswr, I had the same experiance with Ultimate Electronics

here in Tulsa. I paciently waited for the RW line to show up.

After they were already shipped Ultimate said they had 300 RW-8

on the way and no RW-10 comming. I then contacted another

Klipsch Ref. Dealer and they had both RW-8 and 10 in stock.

I then returned the 10 for the 12 when they came out the first

week of August. At this point ultimate does not have the RW-12.

I think because of the distribution with large retailer that they

are so behind on availability. Check with specialty eletronics dealers.

Return the RW-10 and get the 12".

Thanks for the insight with other's experiences. I have called around Dallas to try and find other dealers and Klipsh has pretty much cut off the smaller specialty shops. I guess they're going for bigger numbers with a larger chain. I will be returning the sub before my 30 day window whether they get the RW-12 in or not.

I may just go to the web and try to find someone who actually has it in stock ready to ship. I'm know I can save money this way since Ultimate sells them for M.S.R.P. 8.gif

• 4 months later...

Hey

My dealer in Canada has some of of those rw-12 subs , He had 2 left the last time i was there , ( friday ) when i went to pick up my rcx-4 center channel , D & R vacume ,Look in the dealer locater on the Klipsch home page, My Center channel took months to come in but i got the rw-12 sub first that took only 7 weeks to come in , I realy like the rw-12 , it will make the room vibrate.