Finished Refinshing My 67 Cornwalls

Gilbert

Here's a picture of my 67 Cornwalls. I'm finally finished with the sanding, and BLO for a while. This photo was take a week ago, and I'm currently installing the Basslinear accoustical insulation. The dimensional consistency of the insulation is excellent. And is very easy to install, a little time consuming, but easy to install. I hope the insulation improves the low end response as good as the reviews say. Anyway, here's the pictures, enjoy. And I'll post a photo of the completed cabinet showing off the Basslinear insulation when I'm done this weekend. See Ya!!

post-12381-13819249100408_thumb.jpg

Reel, those are Oiled Walnut. The final sanding was done with 600 grit. Their smooth as glass. I did not stain them, they are origional. I only sanded on them to remove a water stain and some shallow scratches, and applied boiled lynseed oil.

Thanks guys, I had to show off my labor of love.

As for the lighting effects, no so. The photo does show how they really look, honest. Before I started the refinishing work on my 67's, the veneer coloring looked (to me anyway) to be the same as my 90 Khorns and 68 Cornwalls, which are also in Oiled Walnut. Only the grain patten is different, obviously.

Greg, how do I resize the photo? The origional picture was taken with a 35mm, and the slide was then digitized with a slide scanner. The jpg is around 850kb. Also, I just gotta ask, what year is the Porche. I loved the 928 and was sad when they stopped producing it. Gorgeous car, absolutely sex on wheels. The S4 version was the best for that model too.

tbabb here's a link....

http://www.basslinear.com/product.html#Distribution%20Information

This insulation is really slick. I researched the subject of accoustical insulation for speaker enclosures for several weeks before comming across this stuff. And the more I dug into it, the better and better it sounded. After speaking with this guy in Atlanta (he left a post on some obscure musicians forum that I accidently stumbled across, and thats how I found him) that opperates a recording studio, I was sold on getting it.

The inventor's first name is Carl (his last name escapes me for now) and the company is Eagle Talon's Productions. Their out of Vancouver, British Columbia.

Gilbert, try a software program like Paintshop Pro, it's very easy to resize and enhance photo's for use in emails, websites, and forums.

Mine is a red 1989 with 75,000 miles. I think the stereo is worth as much as the car! Business hasn't been very good this year, so it's been sitting in the driveway all summer with a $2K transmission seal leak. I absolutely love this car though, even with it's expensive repairs. It's still in my top five most beautiful cars list. It's also a great driver, unlike a lot of other sports cars. I've done 13 hour trips in it, straight, and arrived fresh. The seats are a wonder. It's just a great machine. As far as I'm concerned, it's doing 50% of it's job just sitting there looking pretty! If the battery wasn't dead all the time, I'd go crank some tunes in it. My wife keeps prodding me to sell it.

Greg