Thanks John Albright

Woodog

AS and C&S,

Gentlemen, this is enough. I was perturbed enough, by the history of hostility to which you refer, to search and follow the threads to find out what you guys are talking about. First, I'd want to say that I don't have a dog in this fight. These are observations from someone whose crap filter has seen too much service when it comes to the two of you and a few others. I'd also want to give a disclaimer that my sense of humor is about as coarse as they come, and there are some funny exchanges on this forum, even if some have an edge to them. It's not about that. I often function on a rather unredeemed level. What you guys are doing is degrading yourselves while attempting to shame or insult the other. About like smearing another's feces on oneself and then exclaiming to one's friends about that the other's feces are just extraordinarily nasty. No way to do that without getting it on the forum, too.

One observation about the threads. Some months ago C&S apologized in public, (the forum) to AS for being out of line in something said. AS, I may not have read far enough to see that you said o.k. you'd at least call off the dogs. I know it's not fair for amateurs to compete against professionals, so trying to address the two of you may not have the desired impact. It's also not allowed for pro's to compete in the Olympics. So in the pi$$ing downhill, slalom, relay and triathlon you will not be able to receive the medals you think you have earned. But, if I were the judge I'd give you both 9.* and that is with no collusion with the Russian or French teams.

O.K. everybody has bad days. So I'll quit fussing about my displeasure and get back to my observations.

C&S, on at least one good day, showed himself to be a man and apologize. AS, I may have not read far enough to see that you also accepted his apology, at least, to say so and drop the insults.

One thing I've learned, and I pass it along because it would be helpful to both of you to have among your pearls of wisdom. I also impart this because I operated for so long without knowing this. Just because someone shows you their a$$, doesn't mean you must show yours back. Even if yours is cute!

I am aware that the two of you may not be ready to give up flaming each other. But, I can only imagine that you must be quite tired of it. I think that were each of you to limit yourselves to flaming the other by private e-mail alone, that it would loose it's energy fairly quickly. That is my request of you, though my hopes for the two of you are much higher than that.

Take it off the forum.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pic of Betty Carter lp attached.

Check out this "professional review":

"Some spectacular cuts. Find it in used record shops. Ron Wynn"

OK that begged a little more at least on the artist:

"Arguably the most adventurous female jazz singer of all time, Betty Carter was an idiosyncratic stylist and a restless improviser who pushed the limits of melody and harmony as much as any bebop horn player. The husky-voiced Carter was capable of radical, off-the-cuff reworkings of whatever she sang, abruptly changing tempos and dynamics, or rearranging the lyrics into distinctive, off-the-beat rhythmic patterns."

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

post-10144-138192491349_thumb.jpg