sf 2 or sb 2/3

lpdcan28

i am thinking of getting sf 2 or the synergy bookshelf speakers. my biggest concern is the stability of the speakers on carpet (i have young kids) would the towers or the bookshelfs (on stands) hold up better and be more stable??? or where else could i put the bookshelfs, can i put them to the side of my tv and back against the wall??? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

Hi- I don't know about the SF 2's, but the SB 3 are great speakers. They are rear ported, so being on a bookshelf -with room around them I believe would be the best bet with small children around.........they will preform well for you. I used a pair in a 12x 20 room, with excellent results. Plus they are much less cost wise than the SF 2's..........jmho..........Also look at the RB 35's they are resonable in price and would be a excellent bookshelf speaker with a Front Port...so you could put then closer to the wall or rear of the bookshelf. good luck.

Go with the sf-2 definetly. They seriously rock out and if you dont have a sub its the next best thing. They will play pretty well you can hear every string intrument with awesome detail. As for tipping over my brother just went through the same ordeal he got rid of his bookshelf and stands for towers. He was worried that a speaker would fall on his kids head. I have a nephew that tells everyone about these speakers saying they will rock out more than fifteen inch woofer tower speakers he has heard. I just laugh and he says what kind of speakers are they again (klipsch man)!