You guys make the call!

ecp

I can't decide on which sub to go with. RSW-15 or SVS PB2-Plus. What do you guys think. Considerations would include a Denon AVR2700 (going to a high end Sony product soon), RF-7 fronts, RC-7, RF-3 surrounds, large room, married (ie: which is best hidden). Tough for me to go away from Klipsh, being from Arkansas, but have heard a lot of good things about SVS.

Thanks

As I always say when people ask this, and Subwoofer master himself (Ear) will prob. say the same thing.

Are you looking for massive slam/punch (RSW-15), or earthquake like depth with power to spare?

Depth wise RSW-15 will reach 25hz with good volume, where as PB2 will do the 16-20hz with good volume, and prob. have slightly more power doing so.

I'd personally go with the PB2, although the RSW-15 is one mean son of a *****, just don't look for super sub bass with it however.

Uhmmmm having 2 PB+ and demoing a RSW12 last weekend I would have to say 1 PB+

PB did it for me in movies and with a little increase on the receiver did it for me on the music side.

With the 15 I am unsure. The SVS packs a great deal of power and deep bass, great tech support and delivered to your door.

RSW15 you pick it up, I have heard it at the local store and it sounds great. But the SVS was still less expensive.

Both are great subs and the PB2 is not that much bigger.

Either way you won't go wrong.

ummm, did you guys not read the most recent subwoofer power list? the RSW-15 was right up there with the rest of them at all levels, it is not a wimp below 30 hz like you guys say, it's just not as strong below 30 hz as it is above. it nears 100 db at 20 hz (in a real room). the numbers for the Velodyne HGS-15 are not hugely different (within a few db). the common belief that the RSW-15 is a wimp below 30 hz is completely untrue, and it seems most people who say it down even own one, and just base that judgement off of what other people say. either way, whichever you think sounds better, they're pretty much the same price.