• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 9/17/2003 12:52:22 AM m00n wrote:

My putah once again. this time close up with the room lights off so you can see the neon light shining inside the box.

----------------

No windows on my 'Putah'. In fact, my computer is starting to get old - an Athlon 1.33ghz w/ 512 megs PC2100 DDR RAM and Geforce III card. I got something like 80 gigs in it (and another 135 gigs in the other one) for Harddrive space, though. When I put that together three years ago - that was the Shiznet - the top-of-the-line - the fastest of the fast! Maybe this spring, I'll put something new and sweet together.

Oh yeah... Outside of the fact you are running an AMD chip 3 years ago that was the bomb. Intel Inside baybee. 2.gif

Oh and what's up with you.. What a night owl you are. It's 11:00 pm here on the west coast, it's got to be what 1:00 am there. Dude, a zombie at work tomorrow.

But then again, maybe you have baby bear sleeping in your bed. 9.gif

----------------

On 9/17/2003 12:57:46 AM m00n wrote:

Problem is, I am running out of room and need to get rid of a bunch of this crapola.

----------------

I know what you mean. I guess that is one reason why I have not move my HT down into the basment. It will not be fun to cleanup that huge mess down there (including my PC repair workshop) - would be nice since that is a 20x15 foot room:

basement.JPG

post-3829-1381924917562_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 9/17/2003 1:09:56 AM m00n wrote:

Oh yeah... Outside of the fact you are running an AMD chip 3 years ago that was the bomb. Intel Inside baybee.
2.gif

----------------

At that time, I did not like any of the chipsets that Intel had out, plus Rambus RAM was too friggan expensive, so I went with AMD - which was the better bang for the buck at the time. However, I am impressed with the latest Intel offerings. My next machine may very well have a Intel Inside again (during the Pentium/MMX days - I was a die-hard Intel nut).

----------------

Oh and what's up with you.. What a night owl you are. It's 11:00 pm here on the west coast, it's got to be what 1:00 am there. Dude, a zombie at work tomorrow.

But then again, maybe you have baby bear sleeping in your bed.
9.gif

----------------

I know, It is past 2 in the morning here, I guess it is time to hit the sack after this posting. Time sure does fly when you are having fun 1.gif. No bears in the bed.

----------------

I know, It is past 2 in the morning here, I guess it is time to hit the sack after this posting. Time sure does fly when you are having fun
1.gif
. No bears in the bed.

----------------

Well, maybe there will be a little bowl of porage for you in the morning. 2.gif

----------------

On 9/17/2003 5:16:33 AM reel 2 reel wrote:

The only things missing are the empty beer cans...and dirty dishes....lol....This is unbecoming of a unmarried man....lol....gc

----------------

Yeah, I know, but that is something that I have always been real anal about - keeping dirty dishes and empty containers picked up as well as keeping the kitchen clean. I guess I got it from my mother. 1.gif

mOOn,

Moon get some blinds for the computer window,what a nice...mess. LOL And you use a Thermaltake P4 cooler! 14.gif RAMBUS...850 chipset...nice,with a GF2 Ultra card(looks like it)!

Tonight I'll post pics of my computer mess.

1.gif

Plus,mOOn do I see an older WesternDigital and a Quantum?

Yup. I guess that's the kind of fan... I had a guy here at work get me the parts, I just put it all together. But how could you tell it's using rambus? Looking at the motherboard box on the shelf?

And yeah, I know this place is a mess. I got lots of crud I need to get rid of. But when it comes to my computer stuff? I am a packrat. I hate getting rid of any of it... I have not used a floppy disk in years, but I am willing to get I have over 50 or so laying around not doing a thing but collecting dust. 4.gif

mOOn,

I do not need to look at the Intel(bright orange)box,I build 4-5 PC per day for six years now.I know parts by looking at them.

Like for example your hard drives,an older Western Digital Caviar and a Maxtor(Quantum)you have in the slide out.The GF2Ultra or GF3 you use uses generic Nvidia cooling on the GPU and memory.

I got the Olympus E-10 two years ago, and with its meager 4 million pixels, and true TTL optics and the 300 mm lens, an adequate supplement for my Mamaya RB 6X7, I bought in 73. Like last weekend I shot 300 shots of Mt. Denali. I got the Epson 1280 printer that prints up to 13X19 paper. Got a laptop to download the files onto when in field, an ac converter to run the laptop, chargers, even plug the camera in with!

This shot was around 3 mb, but I could not upload it for some reason, so made it smaller, it is the remote la scala listing room as seen from final approach!

post-11688-13819249185724_thumb.jpg