Believe it or not -- I have a car audio question

Deang

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I just added a rockford 150w 2 channel amp to my 23ft Proline walk around 2002 model Saturday. I ran it out the preouts to a pair of marine MB Quarts. Again, quite a clear sweet sound. Needed more power to hear music in the cockpit while under way. The 225EFI actually pushes the boat 48mph and makes it had to hear at times.

William, what do you use that B&K ST-202 for? I always thought that was a great SS amp for the money, offering a good bit of the tube sound in a solid state package. It's best when you just leave it on all the time. With vinyl, and a good preamp, it's a damn good amp although not number one in the transparency department compared to much higher price gear. STill, I thought it head and shoulders above ADCOM and others of that ilk. I actually bought those amps for our radio station and had one at home in a system. It made the Crown amps it replaced appear like 2 dimensional carboard. While not perfect, and bettered by quality tube amps, it's a great little SS amp for the money and pretty bulletproof as well. B&K had some good people back then.

kh

i too have had a few car systems that would put some home systems to shame. my best system was in an s-10. alpine pull-out with a 9 band EQ, two ADS PQ10.5's, audio control octive EQ and all boston acoustics speakers and subs(10"). the sub box i custom made to fit behide the seat with 2' of internal volume and subs were mounted 1" between and in the middle of the box. 4" boston seperates in the dash and 6" seperates in the doors. man, what a system. at the time i had 4 heresy's driven by a harmon cardin ss and the truck system was way better than the home system. smoother and much more bass. dave1.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 3:44:11 PM NOSValves wrote:

at the time i had 4 heresy's driven by a harmon cardin ss and the truck system was way better than the home system. smoother and much more bass

Total Blasphemy ! You are officially banned from the Klipsch forum
2.gif

----------------

Ease up NOS! My 4 Heresy's in the truck are no match for the 4 CW's at home........

BUT IT SHURE IS FUN TO GET BACK AT THE KIDS ON THE STREET!!!!!!!

Regards,

Terry