System stopped working...any ideas?!

joshnich

Did you check to make sure the equipment was plugged in?

Sorry, but I was on the phone today with Sears, trying to troubleshoot my Bosch DW that won't drain. This is the kind of scripted BS one must endure at every level of "help." Is this not a pain in the a s s?

f i n i

Fini,

On a service related note in my home improvement business which was 90% replacement windows my number 1 service call was people complaining the window leaked air ! 99.9 % of the time I would go to the house push the top sash up and the bottom sash down lock it and no more leak. Tell the people not to feel silly but windows usually do leak air when there open ! Its funny how many people have lived there entire life with windows where the top sash is either fixed in place or painted shut. So when they get new windows where both sashes operate they never check to insure there both shut.

Craig

Thanks for the concern Craig,

I did ID the source of the problem ... not the cause. I took the back off and was checking the resistance on the resistors - which were all fine- and noticed some teeny metal flakes on the inside of the back cover. A little more investigation and I found this cap off of one of the EL 84 s that has seen better days. Not sure what caused it. Ill be talking to the folks at Cary to see they think.

Josh

BTW the 299 is on as I type this and man o man is it sweet!!

post-12293-13819249207576_thumb.jpg

Yup seriously fried resistor there at least it looks like a resistor to me possible a silcon power risistor maybe a Vishay Dale ? Also the Solen capacitor was tosted by the burning resistor so it will need replacement. Then the problem that caused this will have to be tracked down. It may have been a tube failure that is the true culprit.

Craig

----------------

On 9/23/2003 10:23:23 PM DeanG wrote:

Josh,

If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing in that picture -- unplug immediately and send it back to Dennis.

----------------

Not to worry I dont know enough to be poking around the back of one of these with it plugged in! Only with craig on the line telling me what to and what not to touch would I even consider it!

josh

----------------

On 9/23/2003 6:14:31 PM fini wrote:

Did you check to make sure the equipment was plugged in?

Sorry, but I was on the phone today with Sears, trying to troubleshoot my Bosch DW that won't drain.
This
is the kind of scripted BS one must endure at every level of "help." Is this not a pain in the a s s?

f i n i

----------------

fini-

2 problems there. Sears and Bosch. I hear it all the time. Good luck to ya.2.gif