la scala industrials

chrisreiffel

They will sound identical to the home versions, the only thing different are the K-43E bass drivers which gives them more power handling capability (200W vs 100W). For improved bass response it would be advisable to replace the existing K-43E's in there with K-33E's ($129 apiece) from Klipsch parts. You can sell the K-43E's to someone here on the forum to recoup the cost of buying the K-33E's or sell them on eBay if you get no takers here. Price range is very dependent on cosmetic and operational condition the range would run from $500 - $1250 for the pair. The industrial models just aren't as attractive the beautiful bare wood versions in a home decor.

----------------

On 9/21/2003 7:02:23 AM Frzninvt wrote:

They will sound identical to the home versions, the only thing different are the K-43E bass drivers which gives them more power handling capability (200W vs 100W). For improved bass response it would be advisable to replace the existing K-43E's in there with K-33E's ($129 apiece) from Klipsch parts. You can sell the K-43E's to someone here on the forum to recoup the cost of buying the K-33E's or sell them on eBay if you get no takers here. Price range is very dependent on cosmetic and operational condition the range would run from $500 - $1250 for the pair. The industrial models just aren't as attractive the beautiful bare wood versions in a home decor.

----------------

Thanks Frzninvt, what crossover would I expect to find in an 85 LSI model as the back is closed

Do you recommend taking the back off before purchasing to inspect their true contents!!?

Cosmetically they appear in fair to good condition, but I suspect that they may have been used for band purposes, could this effect

their sound if using them for home hi fi as I'll be running them on Dynaco mk IIIs in triode mode?

----------------

Do you recommend taking the back off before purchasing to inspect their true contents!!?

----------------

Yes... make sure they are all original. It's easy to do and worth the effort.

----------------

I suspect that they may have been used for band purposes, could this effect their sound if using them for home hi fi

----------------

If all the components work properly, no difference... apart from perhaps smelling a little like smoke. 2.gif

good luck...

Rob