RB-5 or RF-3: Which to sell?

whell

Now that the RF-7's are in the house and singing, I have a decision to make. Before the RF-7's arrived, I used my RF-3's for fronts and RB-5's for rears. I now have moved my RF-3's to the rear, and the RB-5's are sitting downstairs unused.

I also have a pair of KG-4's, which I really like, on a small 2 channel system with a TT downstairs. I've not experimented with either of the Reference speakers on that system in place of the KG-4's, but I guess selling the KG-4's is another option.

I just have more speakers than I need, and would like some thoughts on which would be best to part with. Having the RF-3's on the rears seem like a waste, but they do sound OK back there. However, RB-5's might make a good substitute for the KG-4's (haven't tried this yet), though I'd probably give up some bass.

What do you all think?

By the way Craig (NOSValves), if you're still interested in acquiring an RC-3, I've decided to let go of one or the other RB-5 or RF-3, and keep the RC-3 center. I had toyed with the idea of using the RB-5's for a center channel, but one of the local Klipsch retailers talked me out of that.

wheel, from my auditions the rf is twice the speak as the rb, i used the rf 3 as my sats for my rf 5's and the soundstage was wonderfull, it really makes you realize just how much info is transmitted to the sats, floor standers have a wider range for movies, and if you like music, but keep all, you can never have too much klipsch, you WILL have a need for them in the future12.gif

Dean:

An RC-7 doesn't stand much of a chance due to WAF issues. There is just no room for it in my setup.

My RF-3 and RF-7 are both black.

I'm leaning toward keeping the RF-3's as rears, moving the RB-5 into th e2 channel set up to replace the KG-4's and selling the KG-4's: this based on my audition of the RF-5's in my 2 channel set up.