IN MEMORY: THE BIG GUY: GORDON JUMP

dodger

Hello:

With another round of feeling sad, Gordon Jump, "The Big Guy" from WKRP has left us.

More recently known for being the Maytag repair man, Mr. Jump was the ever so easy boss on the show "WKRP in Cincinnati."

That show will be a tribute to him, along with Andy, Les, Herb,Dr. Johnny, Venus, Bailey and Jennifer.

There have always be very fond memories of that show. Mr. Jump's departure leaves a hole.

May "The Big Guy" rest in peace. His Station is now signed off.

Win dodger

"got kinda tired, packin' and unpackin, town to town, up and down the dial... think of me once in a while..." parts of the theme song.

----------------

On 9/23/2003 3:31:29 PM dodger wrote:

I was always hoping for a reunion show.

----------------

That would have been great...One of the few sitcoms that doesn't take place in somebodys living room....Another sad passing...The "Maytag Man" will be missed They say they always come in threes....theres the third.....

Lymm, you are sooo right. It is the best line delivered in the entire series.

Yes, it is with a bit of sadness that I hear about his passing. One must think that the uvuncular personality on the tube was a small manifestation of an actual person's kindness and wit.

WKRP always rang a chord. I was chief engineer at the college radio station. While the GM was far from Mr. Carlson, there was a collection of personnel which in their own way would rival the gaggle at WKRP.

Best,

Gil