OT: Any idea what will be the hot toys this Christmas?

kenratboy

I am not too certain, thought maybe that Yu Gi Oh stuff...Bob the Builder and SpongeBob Squarepants...but other than that I do not know what is "hot" in a 4 - 11 yrs old mind.

When I first read this thread I thought you would talk about the KBToys lawsuit and that you want to stock up. If all goes thru on the 1st of October, KBToys will give 30% discount on qualified purchases of $30 or more (Oct 8 - 14). What's qualified? I have no clue:

http://www.kbtoys.com/help/legalnotice.html?place=bfnt&ls=default

Might be something to look into for you early Christmas shoppers...

----------------

On 9/26/2003 11:59:42 PM 3dzapper wrote:

kenratboy, A couple of years ago if you did that with Tickle Me Elmo's you could have retired to a Carribian Island.

9.gif

Rick
----------------

Last year, the silly string for the Spiderman Web Blaster was in short, short demand - but the Web Blaster glove was NOT. So, you have parents that have the glove, but NEED the silly string. Finally, around December 16, 18, Wal*Mart got in a TON of it and we sent people there.

----------------

On 9/26/2003 3:06:27 PM kenratboy wrote:

Hell, I will buy up the hot stuff and sell it on eBay ~Dec. 10th to desperate parents. Sell a $20 toy for $50, $60 and nail them for shipping, too.
11.gif

God, I really hate Christmas and retail
7.gif

----------------

Nice christmas spirit.......7.gif

----------------

On 9/27/2003 11:49:36 AM ygmn wrote:

Nice christmas spirit.......
7.gif

----------------

Yeah no joke... Ratboy, wait until you have children someday and you are desporatly needing to find just the right toy to warm their harts on Christmas morning. In case you were never taught, Christmas is about giving, not hording childrens toys from parents so you can try to be a horrible screwdge by ripping them off when they are looking for presents.

Shame on you! Perhaps your name is more fitting than anyone ever thought. You are a rat.

OK, I am thinking about getting myself the HK 525.

I am trying to determine Santa's budget this year and if, ummm, Santa feels kind, I might ask him for a Porsche GT3. If not, I am aiming for a REALLY nice L-shaped desk, maybe some car parts, stuff like that. Anything 'fun' I want is horribly expensive, like the new Canon Rebel digital SLR ($1,000 with a lens, and I would buy a telephoto at the same time, so $1,300.) I might as well get some useful stuff I will enjoy. My best friend got a $600 dresser as him main gift. It is REALLY nice.

----------------

On 9/27/2003 7:35:41 PM CO1 wrote:

Holy crap that's cheap for a digital SLR. Looks like it's time to buy another digital camera. That will be 3 this year.
----------------

Yes, it is basically the EOS 10D in a less expensive housing (same electronics for the imaging, but cheaper housing and less fetures.) The 10D is $1,500 and with a lens, you are pushing $2,000. With the new one, $1,000 buys you the body and the lens to start. The included lens is fine. I would spend $200-300 off the top for a 70-300mm lens to fill things out.

I definetly want one. The 10D is just WAY too expensive, but I could actually see spending $1,000 for the system.

----------------

On 9/27/2003 6:51:25 PM cluless wrote:

Moon -

I think that Ray was referring to your power tool toy wish.... Here's mine

"<a
http://store4.yimg.com/I/dremel-store_1744_954397">

----------------

I got exactly that last year for christmas! 9.gif. Handy little thing that is! Power Tools - what fun!