EBAY HIJACKING

louis

Yep, I recently had my account hijacked, lucky for me I am on the computer a good deal during the day and caught it. I quickly went in and changed my password, I also changed my email password as well since they hijacked my email account as well. Now I change my passwords on a regular basis, maintain different ones, and I never reply to those faked eBay security check emails as this is the way that they can gain access. Hope you can get it worked out. eBay gave me credit for the Rolex auction the hijacker started and I quickly ended. He listed that he was in Spain.

It's a SCAM to use your good rating to $crew an unsuspecting buyer into buying something that doesn't exist. Then you are the one who will the "complaint"

Get the bid closed immediately!! 6.gif

There was a link posted in another forum about the story which ran on MSNBC... and if you want to know how the scam works... read up on it at

http://www.msnbc.com/news/957191.asp?vts=092420031430

Let us know how it turns out...

Rob

Many Ebay accounts are being "hijacked" and are used to place bogus auctions.There were, and still are many of these auctions selling brand new or newer Harley Davidsons. Seller is asking $8500 for a 2003 FatBoy and you can BUY IT NOW and close the deal. The seller wants you to send the money Western Union and once he receives the down payment (20 %) he will send you the bike by FED EX to inspect for 30 days. They are stealing a true add, picture and all from CycleTrader and turning this into their Ebay auction. They avoid giving out a phone# to contact them , because they say that they are out of the country, while the bike is here in the states.

Most of these rip-offs are only up for a few days at a time, but now they are placing auctions that are not so suspicious; items asking price is closer to its true value.

be careful, Kris

it's really any high ticket item...harley's are just popular.

Western Union offers no protection from fraud...it's as if you sent cash in an envelope.

Any WU + foreign country = fraud almost 100% of the time....if you have an ongoing relationship with a foreign company that deals with only WU, I apoligize, but as a Cisco Network Equipment dealer internationally I can tell you no one in our small circle of about 1000 vendors has had luck. Same thing with Credit Cards from Pakistan and India....they want to pay top dollar, have it shipped fastest international, and are willing to pay today by CC....you ship and 30 days later the charge is reversed. The CC companys leave you hanging. Two vendors on the list lost over $100k combined.

With Ebay and Paypal merged now, the opportunity for fraud is even greater since many people use the same password and same userid for everything....you snag ebay you get paypal.....