MBS-5 at Texas DIY 2003

Mallette

Just rec'd confirmation that Texas DIY will provide 4 speakers and Dodd amps for demo of the MBS-5 this weekend in Wichita Falls, Texas.

No Klipsch there, but very pricey and interesting looking speakers. Sponsor is GR-Research. See www.gr-research for details of the meet.

The unit is mechanically and cosmetically complete enough to risk this in a relatively small public group like this that is largely speaker oriented.

I'll provide a full report on my return. Should be interesting and fun.

Dave

While I suspect I'll get a bit jumpy on the way out of town, I am oddly unconcerned. Not much to lose, and much to gain, plus getting to listen to a bunch of amps, speakers, and chat with audio freaks. Sounds pretty good!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Dave

Dave,

Too bad there probably won't be any DIY horn builders...although this show is clearly open to DIY designs of all styles so maybe we will be suprised.

I'm looking forward to the event. Danny's Alpha Line Arrays are supposed to be awesome and have compared favorably vs the critically aclaimed VMPS rm40.

I think chatting with speaker designer Danny Ritchie and tube amp designer Gary Dodd alone with be enjoyable, plus there should be several other DIYers there with their designs (not sure how many designs vs GR kit and cabinet builders).

It would be interesting to compare the Scott/Dynaco combo vs the Dodd...