How much better should the RB-35's sound than the Promedia 5.1's????

dan2017

I used to have promedia 5.1's and i thought they sounded good with my audigy 2 card on my comp.

But I recently purchased and should be receiving soon a:

Harman Kardon AVR125 High Current amp (55 x 2 watts stereo)

Pair of the new RB-35 speakers....

How much better should I expect this to sound that my previous setup....?

Look for the Reference series loudspeakers to be much better loudspeakers in the long run, even if huge differences are NOT immediately obvious. Compared to entry-level loudspeakers, the Reference series should be far more competent at recreating music. They should NOT sound as if they are working hard at their job. Many of the tasks that pushed your lesser loudspeakers will come easily. Look for better definition of vocals and instruments, better separation between instruments, improved imaging, better bass definition and smoother tones across the mid-range. Multiple instruments playing all at once should sound less jumbled. Vocals should be clearer and more realistic. Loud volumes should be tolerated better, by both the loudspeaker and you. A greater range of musical types should sound good on the loudspeaker. More intimate recordings, such as jazz or classical solos, may seem more compelling than before. Experiment and enjoy. ;)

----------------

On 10/6/2003 3:02:40 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

I have heritage speakers and reference, I have HD-600's for that matter with a tube amplifier powering them, and I don't think any of my ProMedia's sound like "dog food". Yeah, the new speakers will sound better, but give the ProMedia's some credit.

----------------

Yeah, we'll give them credit but they are what they are. It's like comparing a Honda Civic and a Posche Boxster. Both good cars but a large difference in performance.

You'll hear a big difference.