OMFG *loads gun*

prodj101

I am so close to going on a rampage in the Valve studios it's not even funny. They ahve delayed half life 2 for half a year now, what idiots. I am getting close to canceling my pre order, and I'm about to send them a very angry email. this is very poor customer service, and they should have just waited until it was ready to release and set a REAL ship date instead of setting it back every time it nears ship date. This is probably just some sick marketing tactic.

Since they got the source code - that means that it WILL be very easy for them to create all kinds of hacks and mess up the game for the rest of players. I would rather wait for it than have some kids run hacks on every server out there...

Waaah. do you know how long I have been waiting for Duke Nukem forever? Do you know how many games have come and gone since Duke Nukem 3d?

PahLeeeeeeez.

SOme of the funnest gaming experiances was playing duke 3d. Fridays after work a bunch of us would stick around and play duke 3d for hours on the network... I would have duke nukem parties... Gawd I miss those days.

mOOn,

Duke Nukem 3D,oh yeah this game was IT when it came out.I remember on my P60 it was sloooooow.Duke 3D made me fork over 3K for a new PC.At that time I purchased a spanking Pentium 166 with 64MB RAM! WOW Duke 3D was so addictive it was almost a drug.

And then came Quake...BORING BORING...a boring game,a technology showcase of levels...and again my PC had to undergo ...a major upgrade. 7.gif

After ...Quake 2...finally great gameplay.Online and offline.Again a PC upgrade.7.gif

Games are to blame for PC upgrades.

Now I was waiting to get an Athlon 64 FX-51 and...Valve pushes the HL2 release.7.gif Damn,I want to spend on a new machine and Half Life 2 is the perfect excuse.Not like my PC's cannot run HL2,two are Radeon 9800PRO laced and the third has a paltry FX5900Ultra.So...

WHERE IS HL2,I hope before christmas.

Doom 3 was pushed back a few months.I guess March or April.But when its out it will wow anyone with a real PC,all with weak POS systems will howl.TIME TO UPGRADE ...again.

Ouch ear... Athalon? CMon dude, I work at Intel, you could have at least lied to me and told me you were gonna go buy a new Intel based system.

Hey Halo for the PC is supposed to be out soon. OH man that is a good game. But yeah Duke3d was the serious bomb... It's what started my first person shooter addiction. Last game I seriously played was tribes 2. I will never forget the first time I connected to an online tribes 2 game, I about made a deposit in my undies. That game had a hold on me so bad that there was a time where if my wife would have left with the kids for good I would not have cared. 5.gif Glad I got my head outta my bum.

mOOn,

I have one PC with dual Intel P166MMX CPU's on Tyan Tiger board(kept to play oldies,DOS 6.2 installed 9.gif ),dual massive 2GB hard drives...and a CD rom!Unused now,loaded with 3Dfx first wonder the VooDoo 3D 4MB!

The second is a Intel Celeron 950 based,on a ASUS CUSL with ASUS's 39160 based ASUS port card,Windows 98SE installed.Again nostalgia deluxe,ASUS GF2 MX 32MB.Unused now,dual VooDoo 12MB in SLI.A great "powerful" system for less old oldies.

Third is the Athlon 950(the original slot A K7,it hates overclocking even with my massive Alpha/dual delta 38CFM fans),ASUS GF3 video.1GB RAM and dual 40GB Seagate drives.Asus K7V MOBO Unused now

Fourth,Pentium 4 2.4Ghz @ 3.15Ghz,2GB Corsair PC3700 RAM.Mucho gear and a ATI AIW9800PRO card.Used to capture and surf the wonderful Klipsch site.9.gif Best hard drives,Adaptec goodies in here.P4G8X Deluxe ASUS MOBO

Fifth AMD Athlon 2500 Barton core @ 3200XP level.FX5900Ultra 256MB video and loaded to the grills,a secondary gaming rig.ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MOBO.

Six,Intel P4 3.0Ghz non overclocked(can run at 3.6Ghz,ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MOBO.1GB OCZ PC3500 memory,ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256MB.

I will drop the 3.2GHz Extreme edition CPU as it comes out and price drops just a bit.

So in reality 3 are in use.Battlefield 1942 taking much of the time,Battlefield is so damn addictive...its a crime.In 1600*1200 all maxed...its just too good.

I had a total of 9 Intel CPU's and 5 AMD until now.Intel is more proven,but AMD is catching up fast and with the K8 it takes a lead.Unless Intel has a magic hidden new CPU(or even 0.09 process P4 at 4Ghz with 1MB or more cache).

Its mouse and cat play,like nVidia and ATI.One leads one day the other overtakes the other.Competition is good for us.

I give equal chance to both camps,and I refuse to play the fanboy game.

I think the K8 will wait as I would prefer PCI Express video solution(R4XX or/and new generation nVidia based card).

And to say computers are cheap...NOT when you upgrade 3-4 times/year.

Ear have you tried any of the BF 1942 mods? Eve Of Destruction, Forgotten Hope, and the latest version of DesertCombat rock. Galactic Conquest is a real nice Star Wars mod but limitted levels. I downloaded Action Battlefield, BF Pirates and Siege last night so I will try them soon. There are a few more I want to try which is why you have to love this game, the mods are great!