center for RF-5

GOLDDOWN

I don't own the RF-5, but I will make an educated suggestion. I think you should get the RC-7, because it's still timbre matched, but won't be drowned out by the RF-5's like an RC-35 might. I had the RC-35 once with RF-7's and it was...well...struggling mightily to stay ahead of the game. As far as surrounds go, I think you'd be safe/satisfied with the RS-35's (better than RS-3II's), since surrounds don't need to be totally equal to that of your mains.

So again, the RC-7 and RS-35 is what I think you should get. Kinda sucks that Klipsch doesn't make a center and surrounds to compliment the reference 5's huh?

I have the RF-5s, my other gear is in my sig below. If I would have had the room at the time, I would have gotten the RC-7 instead of the RC-35.

Ideally you would get an RC-7 center and RS-7 surrounds to go with the RF-5s, Klipsch shows this information under the "products" section of the main web site. If you don't have the room/money to match RS-7s and RC-7 with the RF-5s, get the RS-35s and RC-35, they are good speakers.

The RF-5 is a real 'tweener' speaker. It uses the exact same woofers as the RF-3, it uses the same size tweeter, but it has the same bigger horn used in the RF-7.

Klipsch lists both the RC/S-3 as well as the RC/S-7's as matches for the speaker. The RC/S-35 is probably less than a match than the RC-3 is. The new reference speakers sound great, but have a little different sound than the older reference speakers. The RC-7 is an obviously better speaker and probably the best bet here, but I would still try and demo both speakers (with the RF-5).

It is different, but it is hte same size (1" for the RF-3/5 and 1.75" for the RF-7).

The RC-7 center with RS-35 will probably sound great. The center channel is an extreamly important piece of the HT puzzle, but since surrounds carry mostly ambient sounds, having them timbre matched is not nearly as important as the center.

I hope you enjoy your new system :)

well i had your set up at first, and i did what you are now doing, my mains were rf 5's, i bought rc 3's to begin with 1 front and 1 in back, they lack in all respects, they did just seem to be the poor weaker brother, i also tried the rs's they were much weaker, even the 7's did poorly, i ended up with an rc 7 for center, it keeps up and than some, for surrounds i went with the rf 3's they keep up exceptionally well, and they give you access to all the rear information, but do what i did, audition audition audition, it will save you lots of money. i often wonder why rc 3 and rs 3's are listed as match for rf 3's and 5's?????12.gif

I have RF3 II's and after listening for months with the RC3II I chanded to the RC7. Very happy with the decision (and the deal I got from the dealer).

IMO the RC3 is a good match for the RB3.

The RC7 matches my RF3's perfectly and no doubt the RF5's as well.

Best regards ... Jef

• Like 1

The RC-7 is absolutely the way to go. IMHO I think the RC-3II is a waste of time after listening to the RC-7 and even other brands. The RC3II is thin and hollow sounding. Unfortunantly I have one in my second system and would like to get rid of it. I'm still trying to firure out what to do with the second system as it is made from the reject in my main system.

If you can do it get the RC-7, it's a great sounding center channel. In our family room we have a RC-7 with RF-7s front and RF-5s surrounds, they all go great together.

In our bedroom we use an RC-3 center with RF-35s front and

RF-3IIs for surrounds. It was always very obvious that the RC-3 was the weakest link in the system.

So while reading this thread last night the upgrade bug bit me again. I went to my dealer today and ordered a RC-7 for the bedroom setup. My wife's gonna kick my butt.

9.gif