Went to Best Buy to have a look at the Synergy Series vs my low end Reference series

Pistol Pete

Wow, I dont care how they Synergy sounds, IMO they dont look nearly as good as my RF-3IIs and RB-25s. Heck the RB-25s list for $399 at the Good Guys and the SB-2s are $349 at Best Buy....for only $50 more you can get a much nicer looking speaker with a way better grill, front ported, wall mount hardware already installed and better components. Furthermore Good Guys will bargain some, Best Buy will not. I got my RB-25s for 10% off or $360 , the SB-2s are $349 and thats that because Best Buy does not bargain.

IMO Klipsch has made a marketing error....especially because I happen to know one little tidbit about Good Guys and Best Buy......both of their Credit Cards are done thru HRS USA, the odds are that if a person was approved for a Best Buy card then he will be approved for a Good Guys card...both have very good financing up to 24 months.

Oh well, time will tell.

you should not care even 1 little bit that the reference seriese looks better than the synergy, the important thing is that the reference sound better than the synergy, sounds like you might have the impression that synergy sounds better? if so you are mistaken, even small reference bookshelfs sound better than synergy12.gif

I totaly agree Marksdad! I had Synergy all the way around and have since upgraded to Reference speakers. What a tremendous difference! The only Synergy I have left is my KSW-12 sub. I'm waiting for the SVS PB1-Plus to come out.

Mains - RB5II's

Centers, Front and Rear - RC-3II's

Surrounds - RS3-II's

Front Effects - RB-15's

Sub - KSW-12 (waiting for SVS PB1-Plus to come out)

Reciever - Yamaha RX-V3300

DVD Player - Denon DVD-2900

VHS Mitsubishi S-VHS

Sony 36" TV

All Monster cables

I was set on the SF-2's for a long time. Not because I was in love with them but I thought that they were the best that I could get for the money that I could spend. They retail for 650 for the pair at Best Buy. Last Friday (Oct 10th) I almost bought them. At the last minute though I decided not to. Then went to American to look at the reference line - just for kicks. I started talking to the salesman and told him how much I liked the RF-25's. He excused himself after a moment and came back and quoted me $100 off the pair ($800 retail now $700.) I wanted to jump on the offer, but for the hell of it shot back with $150 off the pair. Without thinking he said "there yours." I was floored, for the same price that I was ready to pay for the SF-2's I got a much better speaker in the RF-25's. I actually think that I could have tried for lower... but I'm very happy with my new speakers and the price that I paid.

I have listened to all the current Klipsch series and the Refernce series is by far the best ( my opinion ). I just recently purchased a set of KG 5.5 and these are very good sounding speakers, not as much bass as the RF but close. The greatest thing is that these are now going for around 300 - 400 which is a great deal. If you are looking to upgrade check these out. Hey I have to admit the copper color RF drivers are cool.3.gif

I don't believe that KLipsch has made a marketing error whatsoever. The idea was to extend the Reference line down into Synergy territory to sell at exclusive dealers, effectively replacing Synergys in that arena. The Synergy Series is now freed up to be sold in the big box stores to compete against the likes of Infinity, JBL, Bose, etc. It introduces Klipsch to many people who would never think to walk into a hi-fi store or are too intimidated. Once introduced, the upgrade bug will hit, and with the idea of brand loyalty, these people will be looking into the Reference and Heritage lines.

• 6 months later...