Sound, but no picture from my digital cable

dkp

I am trying to hook up my cable tv (digital, if that matters) to my receiver in order to utilize my speakers. There must be a signal coming from the cable box (motorola) because I can get sound from the speakers but I cannot get a picture on the television. I am running s-video from the receiver to the line 1 input on the television. I am also running the cable directly from the cable box to the cable input on the television. I can get a picture and sound through the television with the input directly from the cable box, but when I switch over to the line 1 input on the television, there is no picture, even though there is sound. (video cable is plugged in from cable box to video in on the receiver) Any ideas for troubleshooting this?

David

it is possible that your receiver isolates the video input/output. meaning that a composite video in will only go out thru the composite output. svideo and component video in/outs being handled the same way. my pre-pro is a Sunfire Theater Grand III, a fairly 'high end' unit and it does video this way. check to see if the video in from the 'box' is the same as the out to the tv on your receiver.

Ya know, that may be the problem. I am running an rca input to the television from the cable box and an s-video line to the television. I do have another line out on the receiver though, which is also running to the television. That one is an rca that is connected to the line 1 input on the television. I will try this out tonight and let you know...

Thanks for the help, guys.

David

I am trying to feed the audio/video through my receiver so that I can listen to the digital tv through my speakers. That is what has been confusing me. I could get an the audio to output to the speakers, but not the video to the television.

"You must connect the audio to the tv as well. The red and white jacks." I am a newbie, but not a dummy! lol thanks for the help...

David