svs ??????

odiedarklord

Well frist off i decided to get an svs sub. My questions is this , which one I want it to go down to about 16hz give or take 3hz. I do want a tube. and powered. Money well about $2500 but if i can get what I'm lookin for cheaper well that will make wifey very happy any input would be greatful

thanks James9.gif

sounds like you would want to look at the SVS16-46pc+

maybe two of em9.gif .

875.00 each +shipping

so what probably 1850.00 for two of them including shipping.

the pc+ line has a built in 525 watt amp and phase

controls.

i have two 16-46cs+'s with a samsom 1000 amp and they go very low and very loud.

these will shake the hell out of your room when it's called for!!!!!!!!!.

svsubwoofers.com to get a look at them.

I'd look into dual 16-46PC Plus' or dual 20-39PC Plus'. With the 20-39PC Plus' you can change experiment between a 20hz and 16hz tune by inserting one port plug, I dont' see much value in inserting a port on the 16-46PC Plus. If your room isn't too large, a 20-39PC Plus could probably extend to 16hz even with the 20hz tune. My room is small and my subs are tuned ~16hz but I've measured a flat response out to 12-13hz.

----------------

On 10/20/2003 4:07:59 PM odiedarklord wrote:

so the best sub that svs makes is the 16-46 pc plus? and they are only $875 well poo-poo i might just get two. if all say that they are the best ill place my order in 4 days so let me know before then , and thanks guys

james

----------------

Nope. I believe the B4+ is the best SVS makes right now. If I'm not mistaken, it goes for close to 4 big ones with amp.

----------------

On 10/20/2003 4:07:59 PM odiedarklord wrote:

so the best sub that svs makes is the 16-46 pc plus? and they are only $875 well poo-poo i might just get two. if all say that they are the best ill place my order in 4 days so let me know before then , and thanks guys

james

----------------

There's no such thing as one best sub, it what best fits your needs. With everything there are tradeoffs, the 16-46PC Plus gives good extension but lack total SPL when compared to their 20-39PC Plus and 25-31PC Plus counterparts. If you're looking for the ultimate in extensions, then get the 16-46PC Plus, if you're looking for the most output then get the 25-31PC Plus, if you want a mix of both then the 20-39PC Plus is the right one to look at.

This is all going by your given criteria of must be a tube with a built in amp.

copperas cove huh, i left the hood (actually killeen) in 2001...anyway,

tubes - one driver per tube (3 drivers to choose from - with/without amp)

pb2 plus - comes with 2 db-12 drivers and amp built in

if you match 2 of the plus model tubes w/amps, i believe you have a 2-3db gain over the pb2 plus.

the best thing i ever did was drop an email to tom, the "v" in svs, and tell him how you like your bass, what you listen to most, and a room description (like volume in cu ft or measurements, large openings, carpeting, etc)

tom is great to work with and in my case, suggested a less expensive sub for my room than i was planning on buying. he will honestly tell you what you need and what will be overkill. with svs, you can easily overpower your other speakers if you go too beefy...okay time for me to stop being an svs salesman9.gif

seriously, drop him an email and he usually will respond in a couple of hours during the day. he will settle your needs and tell you what is best for you and your wallet. good luck