Internet purchases dropping?

Bruinsrme

How much shopping do you do on the internet?

Last year nearly all my electonics and movies were pruchased over the net. This year looking at my receipts it is just the opposite. I think last night proved to me why;

Yesterday I walked into my house and there was a Dell box on my door step. I rip the box open expecting a 200GB retail hard drive and boy was I shocked. The drive was a 200GB but the bare drive only. Te invoice show the part number for the retail version and yet they send an OEM version. Rebates were non-applicable.

IDell has the chat on line customer service and Mona told me it was exactly what I had ordered and that the receipt and invoice were incorrect. So I called Dell, after 2,3 ,2 ,3 4, 5 ,2 ,3 I finally talked to a person, who let me in on a little secret. That 200GB hard drive will not fit in your laptop. It took all my energy not to start laughing at this person. He then transferred me to another department where they were more than happy to help me, order ink cartridges. Then over to warranties, then back to chat support, then one more phone call.

When the person greeted me, I quickly asked; How do I go about returning the drive? After 2 hours and 15 minutes I had an RMA number.

I am too the point where my Internet purchasing is dropping and returing to the B&M because customer service "stinks"

Anyone else see a turn around in there shopping habits?

Scott

----------------

On 10/21/2003 8:13:18 AM Avs Fan wrote:

I am too the point where my Internet purchasing is dropping and returing to the B&M because customer service "stinks"

Anyone else see a turn around in there shopping habits?

Scott

----------------

That, my friend, is exactly why I'd rather shop local sources before resorting to the net. Usually, if and only if I cannot find it locally, I go to the 'net to get it.

I will only buy a "sure thing" over the net. Even when I do, I prefer to use a phone order from their site if available.

Yesterday I ordered chrome polish on the net although I spoke to the company over the phone to order. It was only $9.

I also hate giving out my CC # even though I'm not responsible for CC theft. Just one of those things I don't like doing.

BTW (OT) - NEVER give out your SS# to anyone. It's illegal for them to ask in most cases. My wife is an attorney for SSA so I know this for a fact. Identity theft is a multi-million dollar industry. Just thought I'd throw that in.

I buy everything I can over the internet, unless I need something from the hardware store or some small car part etc. Places I buy from often: amazon, newegg, ebay, pondliner.com (way cheaper than my local garden center), pizzahut.com, summitracing.com, mwave.com (until I found newegg), sportsauthority, etc..

I haven't been to a mall since like 1998. The internet was designed for antisocial people like me :)

I still do a majority of my computer and electronic purchases over the internet. Sometimes I will buy movies and books as well. I almost always buy mother's day gifts from the internet as well (direct ship right to mom). I use B&M for window and comparison shopping for the big ticket items. Must have purchases are always B&M, cuz if it is a must have, I can't wait a week to get it...

----------------

On 10/22/2003 12:54:38 PM MichaelShaffer wrote:

I buy everything I can over the internet, unless I need something from the hardware store or some small car part etc. Places I buy from often: amazon, newegg, ebay, pondliner.com (way cheaper than my local garden center), pizzahut.com, summitracing.com, mwave.com (until I found newegg), sportsauthority, etc..

I haven't been to a mall since like 1998. The internet was designed for antisocial people like me
:)

----------------

If not wanting to go to the mall is antisocial, then get me a padded room right next door to yours. ;)