creative center for KG's

Jonathan

I am looking for a center for my KG 5.5's / KM-6 fronts. I cant afford the KLF-C7 and the Academys are very hard to find. The suggested center for the KM-6 is the KMC which i have told myself cant be a first rate center. My plan is to use a single Klipsch speaker as my center. I know that the tweeter matching is important. What I may do is pick up a single Tangent 30 and use it as the center. However I cant find the specs on the new Klipsch site, as to the components of the Tangent 30. Im not too worried about video shielding. If anyone has some good thoughts I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon

------------------

jk

Tangent 30, from the Classic section of the web site:

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 50Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 96dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 125 watts maximum continuous (625 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Sealed

DRIVE COMPONENTS: Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) phenolic diaphragm compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Exponential horn and two 8" (20.32cm) fiber-composite cone woofers

TWEETER: K-80-K 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90°x40° Exponential Horn

HIGH FREQUENCY CROSSOVER: 1800Hz

WOOFER: Two K-6-K 8" (20.32cm) Fiber-composite cones

DIMENSIONS: 27.25" (69.2cm) x 14.2" (36.1cm) x 12.25" (31.1cm)

WEIGHT: 45 lbs. (20.4kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)

FINISHES: Walnut

YEARS BUILT: 1989 - 1991

This one is right up my alley!

I have the KG 5.5s, and have found the ultimate solution. It's cheap, and it works!

Get yourself a KG 2.2 or KG 2.5. Both are available as a dedicated center which is already shielded or just as a stereo speaker. They truly are an awesome match with the KG mains.

T-man

i too have kg5.5's and km-6's for front and rears - i found a kt-lcr at a local klipsch dealer a while back that sounds excellent with these. of course, they don't seem to be the easiest to find... the klf-c7 has similar specs and from what i have heard the klf series is being discontinued at many dealers - might be worth a try.

david

I also have KG5.5s and am using a single KG4.2 as my center since it uses the same tweeter as my KG5.5s. The following speakers use the same tweeter: KG5.5, KG4.5, KG5.2, and KG4.2. Klipsch made the KV3 and KV2 to match our speakers, but I wanted something a little better!