I think I maxed out my RF-7s

cdsang

I got this bass CD and it seems I may have bottomed it out. That or it just cabinet design wasn't ment to do that. Thing is, it only happend once, and when I turned it back to the same level on the same song, it was fine. My reciver turn off to. I dunno, I guess I won't be doing that again. Well, crazy bass for towers thou. My RSW-15 handled it just fine as well.

CD

Sounds like you may have driven the amps in your receiver to clipping and perhaps beyond. This is normally hard to do with Klipsch, but if your Bass CD contained a lot of VLF material below the sonic range and reproduction range of your speakers, it is possible. You don't want to do this tooo often since clipping damages voice coils with the heat it generates.

Jerry Rappaport

----------------

On 11/1/2003 1:05:43 PM TheEAR wrote:

Jerry is right on the money.

Your little Yamaha receiver was pushed too hard and its YOUR RECEIVER and NOT your RF7's that pooped.

Stop blaming RF7's they can take much more from a serious amp(like a Bryston 4B or a Celeste MOON W3).

----------------

I agree ears, my Mcintosh may not have extreme power (105 watts by 2) it is deffinatly capable of what it claims, unlike most receivers around these days. I have driven pomps and pipes full range to the RF-5's before through it, and the sound has never given any sign of wimping out, even at 50 watts5.gif

"You clipped that "Bright & Cheesy" Yamaha receiver. Get in the game, buy seperates!"

HA so true the little beloved Yamaha receivers amps are CHEESY and use moldy caps that would do the job in a Cookie Monster LP player. 9.gif2.gif

Bright and cheesy,yep this describes most receivers.And if they are smooooth they are as dynamic as a softball. MUA HA HA

Krell DESTROY OWN Krell YOU MUST OWN 1.gif