Getting into CES.....las vegas

Morton

Hi Forum Posters,

Does anyone know anything about getting into the Winter Consumers Electronics Show in Las Vegas this January?? I am told that you have to be a part of the electronics industry and it is not open to the general public.

Do they let people in who have a general interest???

Curious................bob

Morton,

You can get in for about 45.00 bucks usually on the last day of the show. The show is geared toward the distributor and retail markets and is not considered necessarily a private show. go to:

http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/exhibit_floor/directory/geographic_location_search_results.asp?page=1

Click on register for a free pass to the exhibits only. If you want to attend any of the conferences then it will cost you. I will be there myself to support some of my clients.

Just make yourself some fake business cards. Thats all I did. 2.gif

Actually, any kind of business that's even remotely close to anything at CES will get you in. For instance, architect=acoustics=home theater design=home theater products. Or dog kennel owner=new concept for using muzak systems & video for animal resorts (I'm not kidding. That will probably be enough to get you in)

I will say this as a caveat:

Yes you can get in. A fake company name will possibly get you inside. To many people this may seemthat it is worth it, but do not take up peoples time. They have deals to make too. (Stores send buyers to the show to get educated and buy stuff. Respect that.)

If you go as a jerk asking 100's of questions and are bothersome... Not that you will get thrown out, but you just will not get very far.

I have gone for many years, as I am in the Investment business as an analyst. Some of the companies we have as holdings, are at the show. It is good to see them and their competition as well as see what is coming. You will be totally amazed at all the stuff. Dress in say Khakis and a polo type shirt, be polite, and don't stretch your truth too far, and you will be welcomed. Good walking shoes are a must, get a hotel room booked ASAP, (they are usually sold out at any decent motel) and take a briefcase and or backpack to keep all the literature too.

Hope this helps. And like the above post said, register online now. It will be very hard at the show, and it can get very very cold too at the show outside waiting in lines for hours just to get approved and your badge to get in.