Decware tube output CD player

NOSValves

The CD player is mentioned in the thread about the Decfest that took place last month. It is brand new and made it's debut at the fest. I had a chance to listen to it while there and can say it sounded good with the equipment that it was played on. However, to make a final judgement, I'd need to hear it in my own system. At the price, just a squeak over $500, it could be a real bargin.

Dave1.gif

• 8 months later...

Several corrections to this old thread:

one: there are several mentions of the dvd player throughout the forum, but it was made from a now discontinued Pioneer model and I don't think that many are now offered for sale; the Decware SACD/DVD player that is a modified Sony is selling well. (I have one and I LOVE IT!)

two: this Decware DVD was a PIONEER not a MARANTZ player with a modified tube output (a little different from the Ah Tjoeb; the output stage is fed directly from the DAC).

Lon,

Thanks for stirring up this old thread.

That discontinued Pioneer can be modded by Decware if the individual supplies the unit.

However, that Sony SACD/DVD looks to be a bang for the buck champ.

It beats the price of AH!, and is SACD to boot. In addition to that, if the AH! has the upsampling option, it is over $1K!!!

I'd sure like to hear that Sony.

Craig, wish you and others would take a look at that. Looks like a candidate for a DIY job.3.gif

I've had this player (the Sony SACD/DVD from Decware) and it took about five weeks to really shine but now it's sounding wonderful. I think the way oversized power supplies that Decware uses on their products leads to a long breakin, but the wait is worth it. . . .

I really haven't been playing a lot of SACDs because I have been enjoying my CDs so much!