When Matrix Revolutions comes out on DVD it will be bitter sweet.

m00n

**** NO SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST SEEN THE TRIALERS ******

Why?

Well, because there is no way my system will ever be able to reporduce some of those sound affects. I mean it will, but those RS7s are just not going to cut it durring the scene where Neo is standing on that ledge in the machine city in front of the machine God guy thing. That things voice was just fricken enormous sounding and I just can't imagine my system will ever be able to reproduce that sound. Not only because of the gear, but the room acoustics and size itself will keep it from having that enormous sound...

I was just floored at how good that sounded. The audio engineers did an excellent job on that voice.

Me and my wife plans to see this movie next week. I'm wondering how high the will they raise the bar again with this new movie.

m00n, I actually wanted to ask you about your Harman Kardon receiver. I saw that it decodes MP3, have you tried it ? If so, did it create a significant improvement on the sound or not ?

How accurate is the automatic setup using the Ezset ?

I'm considering both the Onkyo TX SR701 and HK's AVR 5550 for my setup.

Thanks for your time.

glennbarn, I have not even tried to play MP3 through it nor have I tried to use the ezset. I have always had a radio shack SPL. Sorry I couln't give you any better help. 4.gif

bbb... Hell with that, gemme some of doze pro cimena speakers and a room about 80'x60' and I will be a happy camper. 2.gif

I personally don't think any of the reference speakers are going to reproduce that sound. It was too damn good. Plus you just need a huge room.

Well.... let me backpeddle. I am sure the RF7s could do it, but again you would need a huge room.

mOOn,

By the time the third Matrix movie hits the DVD and LOTR Return of the King inches its way on the golden disk I will have a subsonic army ready for ANY special effect ANYONE throws at me.

Bring the great special effects to Ear,I am ready.

mOOn I am sure if you used a real amp with those RF7's you would be able to enjoy anything short of sub 30hz material in sull splendor.2.gif

Get an ATI 2505(now replaced with the 3000)and hear what the little H/K left out. 9.gif

----------------

On 11/6/2003 10:56:38 PM TheEAR wrote:

mOOn I am sure if you used a real amp with those RF7's you would be able to enjoy anything short of sub 30hz material in sull splendor.
2.gif

Get an ATI 2505(now replaced with the 3000)and hear what the little H/K left out.
9.gif

----------------

You may be right, but I just don't have the money right now.4.gif

----------------

mOOn,

Get an ATI 2505(now replaced with the 3000)and hear what the little H/K left out.
9.gif

----------------

Is this pro cinema gear? I was looking at it and it didn't have normal outs on the back.

I think I'm a bit of an oddity. I have yet to make it through the first of the three movies. The one opportunity I had was at a friend's over the summer but they started it at 1am and I fell asleep half way through it. Now that I am planning on building my own small home theater in another room of the house, I will hold off on seeing the trilogy until all is set. Then it will be one long, mind-numbing day of three Matrix movies. Wow.

----------------

9.gif

----------------

Ummm, will a B&K Reference 200.7 amp do? 11.gif. It just seemed that one of those just kinda, ahh, ended up in my system today (actually Wednesday, since the local dealer did not have any in stock) 9.gif (and what did I say about not getting any cool new audio for my birthday in that Halloween thread from last week? 12.gif ).

mOOn, I know what you mean. I just saw the movie today and as soon as left the theater i headed straight to my dealer and bought another pair of RF-7's to use as surrounds. when he asked me "why?" i said "go see revolutions and you'll understand." as for amps, I'm using older Carver TFM-45's all around. with 375 watts per channel these things can deliver all the power any movie can demand. 9.gif

----------------

On 11/10/2003 6:14:28 PM grinnie wrote:

mOOn, I know what you mean. I just saw the movie today and as soon as left the theater i headed straight to my dealer and bought another pair of RF-7's to use as surrounds. when he asked me "why?" i said "go see revolutions and you'll understand." as for amps, I'm using older Carver TFM-45's all around. with 375 watts per channel these things can deliver all the power any movie can demand.
9.gif

----------------

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't wanna hear it. 2.gif

Wow that's gonna sound so good. If I had a few more feet on each side of my room I would too but I just don't have the room for them. My problem is that I have 3 rows of seats and the room is only 10'6" feet wide there would not be enough room to get past them.5.gif

Wow that's gonna sound so good. If I had a few more feet on each side of my room I would too but I just don't have the room for them. My problem is that I have 3 rows of seats and the room is only 10'6" feet wide there would not be enough room to get past them.
5.gif

----------------

Perhaps a system of ropes and pulleys, could swing your guests over the RF-7s? Monkey bars? Perhaps they could drop down from the ceiling after your guests are seated?

I know what you mean. I want to get a pair of RF-7s for the front and moving my RF-5s to the surround position, but in my livingroom thats going to be rough.

----------------

On 11/10/2003 8:24:57 PM m00n wrote:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't wanna hear it.
2.gif

Wow that's gonna sound so good. If I had a few more feet on each side of my room I would too but I just don't have the room for them. My problem is that I have 3 rows of seats and the room is only 10'6" feet wide there would not be enough room to get past them.
5.gif

----------------

Yeah, I cannot get RF=7s in, but I do have some RF=5s on the surrounds. And when my new B&K amp finally gets here on Wednesday - it'll be soooo sweeet! 9.gif

m00n:

I live and work very near the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. They have an IMAX theater there that is now showing 'Matrix: Revolutions'!! My wife and I are planning to go see it soon. The screen is 84 feet wide (8 stories) and 62 feet tall (6 stories). The sound system is a six-channel discrete system with more than 12,000 watts of power and a sub-bass unit with 8-18" drivers! 3.gif That voice you are talking about will probably melt the wax in our soft drink cups! 6.gif Our son went there and saw 'Matrix: Reloaded' over the summer. He hasn't been the same since! 2.gif I'll let you know what it was like!

-Picky 2.gif Link to the theater: http://www.hfmgv.org/imax/default.asp