pictures of khorn

tzehbe

Hello,

for my DIY project "Klipschorn" I´m looking for some pictures, drawings or scribbles wich show the construction of the top box containig the mid and high frequency drivers.I would like to know wether they are decomposible and dismountable, how the covering fabric is fastened to them and wether one can dismount the fabric.

Also I would like to know how the fabric covered frames on both sides of the bass enclosure are build, espacially where they met the front corners of the enclosure (the shape of enclosure corner is of interest, too), and how they are fastened (I know the wing nuts, but is there anything else?).

I would like to build my horns as scale as possible, so any picture or description woul help me.

Sorry for my english, but I´m a native german speaker ...

Regards

Thomas

Darrel,

You are speaking of "both", that are mounted with L-brackets - both top sections?. And you are talking of drawingS. I found one jpeg, which I´m studying right now an comparing them with some photos I already have. Some positions are clear, the smaller parts not really, especially part 7 and the smaller ones. I´ll try to the part with a simple cad system in order to calculate the meseaurements in our metric system and to get them "scale". If you have some photos on wich I could identify the parts I would like them, but don´t hurry.

It is already dark in Germany since several hours. And probably tomorow there will be another day ... 2.gif

Best regards and thanks

Thomas

Darrel,

You are speaking of "both", that are mounted with L-brackets - both top sections?. And you are talking of drawingS. I found one jpeg, which I´m studying right now an comparing them with some photos I already have. Some positions are clear, the smaller parts not really, especially part 7 and the smaller ones. I´ll try to the part with a simple cad system in order to calculate the meseaurements in our metric system and to get them "scale". If you have some photos on wich I could identify the parts I would like them, but don´t hurry.

It is already dark in Germany since several hours. And probably tomorow there will be another day ... 2.gif

Best regards and thanks

Thomas

@Dale

They are looking great, but I will be happy when the single top sections will be finished :-)

@khorn85

I?ve read that mounting the K400/401 on a baffle would increase the performance at the low frequency limit. And my wife clearly prefers the Type B top sections in our living room ...

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas,

You may want to check out this:

http://www.volvotreter.de/downloads/klipschorn.pdf

You will notice he is in Germany, and has some other cool stuff on his site. I have emailed him in the past for some info on a tractrix horn calculator he has posted. His K Horn drawings are metric, which may be useful to you, depending on where you live. Erik was very helpful for the questions I had, although time and finances have kept me from doing much.

He did have a link with pics (it isn't there any more), of someone who made midhorns out of huge block of maple of mahogany (don't remember which) that were made with four cuts on a band saw, and then glued back together. They were beautiful. The only problem was that you needed a huge bandsaw, with maybe a ten inch throat/opening.

Marvel

Marvel,

This link is already checked out and after I mailed Erik, he has put pictures of his DIY bass section on his page. I think, I`ll use Eriks plans for bass sectiond with some minor mods dur to the use of Plywood for front and sides and Darrels drawings for the top section.

Thanks for your hint

Thomas