OT: Finally! Pics of my system :)

lancestorm

The AVR is in the shop for at least another week and a half ... so I got around to shooting some pics. Here's the first one from the best seat in the house (sorry for the camera snap in the tv screen). The receiver usually sits on top of the entertainment center, just to the left of the "center" speaker. That's just a powercord and manual in it's place right now. And there is plenty of wire on the ground right now waiting for the Harman Kardon to get better and come home :).

<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/centerseat.jpg>

post-8461-13819249999694_thumb.jpg

One last one. I apologize for the fuzziness, I forgot to take off the "closeup" setting I used for the connects. Shows the look from the other side of the room. It should be noted this was the only time I have had my grills off :). I just don't trust anyone on not playing with the woofer, etc...

<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/fuzzyothersizeroom.jpg>

post-8461-13819250001068_thumb.jpg

LOL, m00n, I would take your front setup any day of the week and screw surround sound! Of all the terds I know, you are the luckiest. That didn't come out right...3.gif

I like the setup right now, but it seems that the surrounds are too far away as compared to the other speaks. Or maybe I just don't have enough experience to know how much of that surround I should be hearing. It just seems further out and away than the other speaks. A bit too worried about moving them closer to couch because of loss of bass, etc from moving the speak away from side wall.

And look at that center speaker. I want to hear it standing up, but for now this has to do. It sounds pretty good actually.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 12:00:58 PM lancestorm wrote:

Did anyone have other suggestions on what to do with that center? It works for now at least.
----------------

If it wwas me, I would get a bigger hd/rptv and it would fit perfectly, the HD520 elite has a 500 cash back now and you should be able to p/u for about 2k with rebate!!!

Fabulous RPTV have it in my bedroom.

Smilin11.gif

----------------

On 11/10/2003 4:00:11 PM michael hurd wrote:

Suggestions for the center? If it were me, I would unscrew the horn, and turn it 90 degrees, redrill the holes and tighten up the screws. Great lookin' system by the way!
2.gif

----------------

I don't think you even need to redrill the holes, since the flange is square and the screws are in the same place on each side. But yeah, at the very least, rotate the horn 90 degrees.

The holes are a little different on my rf3II's. I don't remember exactly, but I think they had three holes each on the sides, and 2 holes in the middle top & bottom? You would need to redrill - no worry though. To return to stock, just remove screws, then rotate horn 90 degrees again, and reinstall screws. The rf7's might be a little different.

----------------

On 11/10/2003 5:59:54 PM michael hurd wrote:

The holes are a little different on my rf3II's. I don't remember exactly, but I think they had three holes each on the sides, and 2 holes in the middle top & bottom? You would need to redrill - no worry though. To return to stock, just remove screws, then rotate horn 90 degrees again, and reinstall screws. The rf7's might be a little different.

----------------

As shown here in the attached picture, there are 8 scews holding the tweeter horn in place on an RF-7. This is the same case for the RF-5. You could rotate that without needing to drill any new holes. Now, it has been a little while since I have seen an RF-3II (at lest since I traded mine in for the RF-7s), so I don't remember if that is the same or not. I guess since you have a pair, I'll take your word for it 1.gif

rf7-horn.jpg

post-3829-13819250001528_thumb.jpg

Okay, I see it is indeed different on an RF-3II, as in the following image. I took a picture of the RF-3II from the products section on this website and blewup the horn using PhotoShop. It looks like the screws on the top and bottom are slightly closer together than the two screws on each side.

RF3II-horn.GIF

post-3829-13819250002118_thumb.gif

Plenty of questions about your suggestions:

Actually I *did* think about doing this, but very worried about doing so. Won't it invalidate my warranty?

Also, drilling other holes would be BAD (uh, right?). I'd have holes in the cabinet that are visible. Wouldn't that affect the sound?

Turning it 90 degrees: wouldn't that possibly twist cabling inside?

I can't see why that would void your warranty. The holes would not be visible, as the flange would cover the other holes. The wiring? There is plenty enough inside to turn it. I have had the horn out of mine, no problem. One hint is to lay the speaker on it's back to remove it though. Remove the top woofer, and reach through and push on the back of the driver to remove it.