SVS B4 being stained today CAN'T WAIT

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I ordered the B4 plus 2.gif over the weekend as a result of talking to Frankie, whom I that very much(and who may be just a little jealous), Tank for all his help and guidence in making the decision, and last but not least the official king of subs himself TheEar, for all his wisdom...I hope this sub does not disapoint. I'm sure it won't, but I still feel a little bad that it doesn't have the tv-12 woofers, should I feel this way or should I just be reak f***ing happy. When I talked to SVS upon ordering Eric told me the B4 had the latest drivers, the TV-12, today he told me it has the DB-12, On the website the woofers sell for about 560, for the TV-12, and about 280 for the DB-12, does anybody here know the difference, and should I wait for the B2-ultra to come out for christmas?

This choice is killing me11.gif

I also ordered the K2 crown, and rane equalizer...I know this is a fabulous sub from what everyone on the forum has said about it, but I have never heard or seen it...has anybody here ever heard it?10.gif

Im exited and cant wait for delivery, but am a little pissed off it does not have the top of the line woofers...

Thanks to all who helped me in this decision. u guy are da bomb, just like the B4 supose to be

Thanks Again

Steve Smilin9.gif

The B4 plus will be enough, the db12 driver is AWESOME! I think with 4 TV-12's the B4 ultra will have, the enclosure will have to be VERY big, bigger than the plus enclosure is, those Ultra drivers need to move some serious air and will need all the room they can get. So I would just stick with the plus and enjoy your hearing while you still have it 9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 3:03:40 PM Orange Peel wrote:

The B4 plus will be enough, the db12 driver is AWESOME! I think with 4 TV-12's the B4 ultra will have, the enclosure will have to be VERY big, bigger than the plus enclosure is, those Ultra drivers need to move some serious air and will need all the room they can get. So I would just stick with the plus and enjoy your hearing while you still have it
9.gif
----------------

Scott,

Thanks for the support, It's hard to rationalize 4K for a sub when the 4 pair of kilpsch I run cost under 3K, but I believe it will be worth it!!!9.gif

I have just never heard the damn thing and am hoping sombody here on the forum has!!!!10.gif

Thanks Again

Smilin

Klipsch rock&&&&with the B4 it should roll too!!!!!!!!11.gif

Hey Steve your very welcome...and I'm more than just a little jealous1.gif.

The B4 Plus has always only had the dB-12 driver in it and it's no slouch at all. I've had a 20-39CS Plus(w/dB-12) and a CS Ultra(w/TV-12) both powered of a single channel of a Samosn S1000 and the difference between the two is not big. Actually I could only tell a difference when trying to strain them, the keyword is trying. On most program materials at my listening level there wasn't a noticeable difference. Only when I was trying to find the limits with very bass heavy materials at high volumes I could tell the TV-12 was just a hair more accurate and authoritave. If I didn't have space limitations at the time(and now with hearing both), I probably would have purchased two of the Plus woofers instead of the single CS Ultra because the price was kind of close between those two options.

You said you can't fit two PB2-Plus' so wouldn't be able to fit two PB2-Ultra's(which is what would be comparable in performance to a B4 Plus) since they're the same size. I would much rather have a single B4 Plus over a single PB2 Ultra. Both are going to be awesome though and you do pay quite a bit more for the B4 Plus so it should be expected to perform better. Once you get this puppy hooked up you'll forget about all your worries because you'll have one of the best subwoofer on the planet.

You can also read some of my thoughts on the difference between the two and another poster(a knowledgable one BTW) from HTF:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121402

What finish did you choose on your B4 Plus?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 4:41:40 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Hey Steve your very welcome...and I'm more than just a little jealous
1.gif

The B4 Plus has always only had the dB-12 driver in it and it's no slouch at all. I've had a 20-39CS Plus(w/dB-12) and a CS Ultra(w/TV-12) both powered of a single channel of a Samosn S1000 and the difference between the two is not big. Actually I could only tell a difference when trying to strain them, the keyword is trying. On most program materials at my listening level there wasn't a noticeable difference. Only when I was trying to find the limits with very bass heavy materials at high volumes I could tell the TV-12 was just a hair more accurate and authoritave. If I didn't have space limitations at the time(and now with hearing both), I probably would have purchased two of the Plus woofers instead of the single CS Ultra because the price was kind of close between those two options.

You said you can't fit two PB2-Plus' so wouldn't be able to fit two PB2-Ultra's(which is what would be comparable in performance to a B4 Plus) since they're the same size. I would much rather have a single B4 Plus over a single PB2 Ultra. Both are going to be awesome though and you do pay quite a bit more for the B4 Plus so it should be expected to perform better. Once you get this puppy hooked up you'll forget about all your worries because you'll have one of the best subwoofer on the planet.

You can also read some of my thoughts on the difference between the two and another poster(a knowledgable one BTW) from HTF:

What finish did you choose on your B4 Plus?
----------------

Frankie,

I got the same finish as in the ad from SVS, I love the light maple finish even thoough my speakers are walnut oil, this way the sub stans out and looks like a piece of furniture, Btw i just bought the k2 on ebay for 920, 2500 watts here we gooooo!!!!!!probably blow my mind.

9.gif( Hey what does nbsp stand for when I read your post)

Can't tell you guys how exited I am & can't wait for the sub to get to me!!!

I need more bass, more db, more spl, more more more, only thing I dont need is my wife if she complains, oh well, she happens to be my better half, and she really is the best.

thanks again for all the encouragement and help

Steve

2.gif

That $4k sub is gonna perform up to the $10k+ subs out there, so it's actually a deal when you think about it 9.gif I KNOW how you feel, I was DYING to get my Dual 20-39's, but when that truck pulls up and you get them hooked up, all you do is SMILE from EAR TO EAR at every bass scene you come accross, it almost brings a tear to my eye thinking about it 16.gif You are one lucky dude to be getting one, I WISH I could afford that much for a sub or anything, all I really want is Quad SVS Ultra's, is that too much to ask? 9.gif

Smilin,

GOOD FOR YOU!

The bad part is that since your the first to do this on this forum, you will have a lot of questions to answer.6.gif

I'm trying to deside between the PB2-Ultra and the B4-Plus.

What sub are you using now, if any? Do you have anything to compare it to when you receive it?

The Crown K2 will let you push the B4-Plus to levels you will not want to listen or be in the same room when the gain knob is starting to go up.I am confident you will be able to reach above 120dB at listening position at 31.5Hz with little effort.A very impressive figure,and maybe at 25Hz!A figure only the best of the very best can reach

You should like what you hear and feel.

I will wait a little and see if SVS will come out with a B4-Ultra,I know I will get the PB2-Ultra and the B4-Plus(at least).Both will have to be in rosewood like color to match my Dynaudio Contours.

I am also adding a good few Salamander Designs audio racks and a TV stand.I want a natural wood look in my main room.

whew,

smilin, if you are at all like me, once you get that monster hooked up, your going to push it with some great ht scene...a huge grin will cross your face...but then comes a nervous tremor in your smile because you have never felt frequencies this low and that loud. it is a mixture of pure pleasure and bodily concern. i can't describe it very well, but it is a new feeling that your body has never felt before...concerning is the best way to describe it.

mine hit me when i realized the lights were flickering because the filaments in the lightbulbs were vibrating6.gif

once again, your welcome for the advice, but trust me, everyone is waiting for you to hook that thing up and try to communicate in words what you have gotten yourself into...it's going to move some serious air (and pictures, trinkets, clocks, etc.) you may want to spend your time now putting felt pads under everthing that isn't over 5 lbs9.gif i have all the rattles gone except at 33Hz, the lattice work in between the window panes vibrates so much it slaps the glass on each side...haven't figured that one out yet7.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 8:55:23 PM Q-Man wrote:

Smilin,

GOOD FOR YOU!

The bad part is that since your the first to do this on this forum, you will have a lot of questions to answer.
6.gif

What sub are you using now, if any? Do you have anything to compare it to when you receive it?

----------------

Hey, right now I am running the velodyne 12" dont remember the nodel, but I was told it has 500 or 750 watts, it's ok, but seems to distort to much....I'm giving it to my partner, I just bought him the mcintosh 1700 tup/ss reciever and 'm giving him a pair of my heresy II speakers, than I'm on to bigger and better things....9.gif I still csnt stand waitng for the B42.gif

Steve Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 6:50:47 PM Orange Peel wrote:

That $4k sub is gonna perform up to the $10k+ subs out there, so it's actually a deal when you think about it
9.gif
I KNOW how you feel, I was DYING to get my Dual 20-39's, but when that truck pulls up and you get them hooked up, all you do is SMILE from EAR TO EAR at every bass scene you come accross, it almost brings a tear to my eye thinking about it
16.gif
You are one lucky dude to be getting one, I WISH I could afford that much for a sub or anything, all I really want is Quad SVS Ultra's, is that too much to ask?
9.gif

----------------

Scott, you'll get your other ultra subs soon I hope, When I get this bad boy I'll let you guys know what it FEELS like along with the SOUND of it!!!

I have to keep telling myself"patience is a virtue"10.gif

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 8:55:23 PM Q-Man wrote:

Smilin,

GOOD FOR YOU!

The bad part is that since your the first to do this on this forum, you will have a lot of questions to answer.
6.gif

----------------

11.gif Qman, i'm using a velodyne 12" w/500-700 watts ,sound muddy real loud, dosn't do what I want, bought it with my last HT with 4 martin logan arions and the cinema center, left most of that system in my last house cause most was hard wired in, along with the intellicontrol and internal wiring in the house...

got sick of ML switched to klipsch, checked out klipsch subs, even the biggest didnt do it for me , thus the search began.....11.gif devil of a thing but I want the Darth Vader of subwoofers EEEHHHAAA!!!

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 9:09:06 PM TheEAR wrote:

The Crown K2 will let you push the B4-Plus to levels you will not want to listen or be in the same room when the gain knob is starting to go up.I am confident you will be able to reach above 120dB at listening position at 31.5Hz with little effort.A very impressive figure,and maybe at 25Hz!A figure only the best of the very best can reach

You should like what you hear and feel.

I will wait a little and see if SVS will come out with a B4-Ultra,I know I will get the PB2-Ultra and the B4-Plus(at least).Both will have to be in rosewood like color to match my Dynaudio Contours.

I am also adding a good few Salamander Designs audio racks and a TV stand.I want a natural wood look in my main room.

----------------

Oh baby, I'm listening to your advice with your Ears and my cash, I had to do a mad dash, bought K2, well see what else, hopfullu with TheEars guided help!!!2.gif Thanks-man, your helping me get all exited

Smilin Again10.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/11/2003 12:15:50 AM formica wrote:

Nice purchase! Only seems like yesterday you were a new-b on these forums...
4.gif
you definitely don't waste time, getting a top-notch performer. Actually q-man has a very good question... what are you using now?

If frankie's not jealous, I am!

Rob

----------------

Hey formica,

Thanks for the kind words, with your guys help and guidance, this is only the beginning!!!6.gif

"When you wish upon a Star"

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 10:52:38 PM tankhokie wrote:

whew,

smilin, if you are at all like me, once you get that monster hooked up, your going to push it with some great ht scene...a huge grin will cross your face...but then comes a nervous tremor in your smile because you have never felt frequencies this low and that loud. it is a mixture of pure pleasure and bodily concern. i can't describe it very well, but it is a new feeling that your body has never felt before...concerning is the best way to describe it.

mine hit me when i realized the lights were flickering because the filaments in the lightbulbs were vibrating
6.gif

once again, your welcome for the advice, but trust me, everyone is waiting for you to hook that thing up and try to communicate in words what you have gotten yourself into...it's going to move some serious air (and pictures, trinkets, clocks, etc.) you may want to spend your time now putting felt pads under everthing that isn't over 5 lbs
9.gif
i have all the rattles gone except at 33Hz, the lattice work in between the window panes vibrates so much it slaps the glass on each side...haven't figured that one out yet
7.gif

----------------

16.gif Tank, I am so sure that I am like you, I will even take this new advice...I'll tell my wife to"batton down the hatches"13.gif give her a kiss. and than float away in my new bass bliss....

Smilin