Klipsch KSP-S6 heights

User Name

I recently installed my speakers in a new room and forgot how high I had my surrounds mounted in my other house. If I remember correctly it was recommended to use 5'7".

The manual recommends 6-8 feet.

My question is which dimension is accurate? Top of the speaker? Bottom of the speaker? Middle of the speaker? These are 15 inches tall so what does everybody recommend?

I know you'll all say "whatever sounds best" but I don't feel like making swiss cheese in my drywall. I had the perfect height in my old setup. I just wish I would have written that dimension down.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Logically, optimal height would be ear height. Of course, if they're mounted higher (for, say, convenience), you can always aim them down (to your ear height).

Thanks, dude. Now I'm hungry for Swiss cheese...

fini

Well Fini if your going to ground the speakers you would use a #6 awg non halogyn copper wire to the sewer pipe leading to the street. Remember to bypass the water meter with two NO. 7 OZ-Gedney clamps. Or you could run a #6 awg from each speaker and H-Tap them together and then home run that lead to a ground rod in the yard. heheheheheheh Or if you really wanted to go heavy you could use a 750 MCM copper cable !

P.S Don't forget to use plenty of NO-OX on the exposed copper to prevent corrosion! LOL