Don't be touching my KLIPSCH

Bruinsrme

Well, a while back I had more complaints about my klipsch and pioneer set up than the number of potential Pentium 4 chips I handle in a day.

well, thanks to MMiles I could not be happier now.

I was looking at a couple of amps and he suggested I give the parasound halos a shot. The Halos have been sittting in my HT since 10/20 and i finally hooked them up last thursday. I have had the Halo A23 connected for a short while but never calibrated them.

I can not believe the difference. The ear piercing highs are no longer, not to say the highs are gone just tamed, the bass, night and day. Being a blue man group fanatic i was playing their CD and had to get up and turn the subs off. I learned the subs were not on. the bass of the RF7s is incredible.

It seems I have lost a little of the forwardness of the RF7s but not to the point of missing it. All the speakers seem to have come alive since adding the halos.

the other thing is they are very nice looking amps (close to damn right sexy is audio equipment can be).

Uhmmmm what to do about a controller. i figure in 6 to 9 months when I get the 2 plasmas paid off it will be time for a new controller. If parasound updates their controllers with the latest and greatest connections, firewire, dvi and or HDMI they may get a few more of my pennies.

Thanks to all that have helped along the way.

Seperates may not be the way to go for all but iam 2/3 the way there.

Scott

Congrats, the Halo gear is excellent. I know I love my A-21 with my RF-7s. Every time I read on this forum about someone that doesn't think their RF-7s put out much bass, you know they have never tried them with a good amp. I'm hoping after the holidays I can add an A-51 to my setup.

----------------

On 11/16/2003 3:38:41 PM RickB wrote:

I read on this forum about someone that doesn't think their RF-7s put out much bass, you know they have never tried them with a good amp.

----------------

Gotta love that B&K gear also 9.gif. Since I added that B&K Reference 200.7 amp to my setup - WOW!! I can too certainly tell a difference in the bass response, even over the just running them through the Denon AVR3802 reciever. I will also consider gettting a dedicated pre/pro in the future, although the Denon AVR3802 is doing an excellent job as a pre/pro.

That Parasound Halo gear also look really nice, but I am extremely happy with my B&K amp, and have no desire to trade it in.

You are all enjoying the benefits of running quality outboard amplification. The dynamics, presence and overall clarity will increase significantly over using the A/V receiver's internal amplification. I thought I could get by with the power of my Denon AVR-3300 but it would run out of gas trying to run all the speakers when pushed hard. So I began purchasing amplifiers to use outboard from it and eventually moved the 3300 into the bedroom and got an AVR-4800 for the living room. The amplifiers made a huge difference in the systems capabilities. Enjoy! 9.gif

• 3 weeks later...