Just recieved!!! LOTR: The two towers 4dvd edition

ccsakura

----------------

On 11/18/2003 8:40:49 PM ccsakura wrote:

Just recieved it!!! It comes with extra 43mins+ scene into the movie again(probably they will add more music into the film like first one too?). Can't wait for watching it!

----------------

Same here! From what I understand, there were part of the movie that had to been re-shot to make the added in parts fit in better. I also, I believe there have been some new music added it.

two-towers-box.jpg

Of course, I had to get the deluxe version. 10.gif

----------------

Poor me didn't have time to try it out now and my sub is being repairing in klipsch
14.gif

----------------

I have not had time to watch it this evening either. Probably will this weekend, though - definitly over Thanksgiving weekend, especially on that Friday while everybody else in this stupid town is out shopping! (love those 4 day weekends 9.gif)

BTW, that gives me an idea! Anybody within a reasonable distance from Fredericksburg, Virginia care to come over on that Friday? You know, let the wives go shopping and we can go and watch the Lord of the Rings!

post-3829-13819250195744_thumb.jpg

Just finished watching it with Significant Other and Significant Offspring:

Story stuff:

I thought the added material served the characters much better than the added scenes in the FOTR EE. I was still not pleased with the alteration of Faramir from the book version, even though the EE makes those changes more understandable. Merry and Pippin were better served than in the theatrical cut. I enjoyed the more humanized Gandalf; it almost made his disappearance for half of the movie acceptable. And Gollum still rocks.

I am disappointed that Peter Jackson did not realize until after this DVD was in the box that the final scenes with Saruman at Orthanc were not going to work at the beginning of The Return of the King... the scenes belonged in The Two Towers, and would have been terrific. I guess we'll have to wait for the ROTK extended cut to hear the Voice of Saruman.

(Sorry to geek out with all the book references; I probably lost non-readers (you know who you are, shame on you!) about five sentences ago).

Technical stuff:

I watched with the DTS track; it was not as "hot" as the FOTR DTS track, and not as bass-heavy, but there was some very nice surround material throughout.

The PQ was much improved from the theatrical cut DVD, which I thought suffered from an almost blurry, indistinct look. There were times on the EE that it seemed I was looking at the characters through a very clean window.

Now, for the appendices, and watching it again four times through for the commentary tracks... something to do while waiting for the third movie...

just recieved my copy too. at first glance i must say this set is awesome! im watching it in the 6.1 dts mode and the music tracks are wonderful. the surround effects are just terrific, i think the rotk should come out in dvd first and then send the movie to the big screen!!( just kidding ). if you havent put this extended lotr in your collection yet...???? what are you waiting for? GREAT DVD.!9.gif

I saw a quick little review on Headline news. The reviewer said it may be the finest dvd he's ever seen (esp. w/ the added scenes and extras). I am holding off until the full set comes out (next year?). Do you think there will be a TV sitcom spin-off?

fini

----------------

On 11/18/2003 11:29:58 PM chuckears wrote:

Just finished watching it with Significant Other and Significant Offspring:

Story stuff:

I thought the added material served the characters much better than the added scenes in the FOTR EE. I was still not pleased with the alteration of Faramir from the book version, even though the EE makes those changes more understandable. Merry and Pippin were better served than in the theatrical cut. I enjoyed the more humanized Gandalf; it almost made his disappearance for half of the movie acceptable. And Gollum still rocks.

I am disappointed that Peter Jackson did not realize until after this DVD was in the box that the final scenes with Saruman at Orthanc were not going to work at the beginning of The Return of the King... the scenes belonged in The Two Towers, and would have been terrific. I guess we'll have to wait for the ROTK extended cut to hear the Voice of Saruman.

(Sorry to geek out with all the book references; I probably lost non-readers (you know who you are, shame on you!) about five sentences ago).

Technical stuff:

I watched with the DTS track; it was not as "hot" as the FOTR DTS track, and not as bass-heavy, but there was some very nice surround material throughout.

The PQ was much improved from the theatrical cut DVD, which I thought suffered from an almost blurry, indistinct look. There were times on the EE that it seemed I was looking at the characters through a very clean window.

Now, for the appendices, and watching it again four times through for the commentary tracks... something to do while waiting for the third movie...

----------------

I didn't have time to watch the full film last night and just played half an hour. Although I don't have the sub with me but I also figured out it's not shaking bassssss as the first one(in the first scene gandalf fights the balrog was still lighter than the FOTR's part in the same mine.) And the surround was really cool(the scene that looking for son's king it was cool but it came with a hard cut....... the sound turned from the back to the front's right suddenly.... bad)

This movie's gonna take me several weekends to finish it 9.gif