What's up with UPS?

Daddy Dee

This morning the UPS lady drops off a package at my house as I'm coming out the door. She says I've got another package she has just dropped off at the Post Office and if I want it today, go ahead and pick it up, because USPS won't deliver it until Friday. (after Thanksgiving holiday)

Must have been looking at her with a question mark on my face because she said, "Yep, go figure, new relationship UPS has with USPS, now we drop lots of packages off at the post office and they deliver them the next day."

I know that there is some kind of mutually beneficial financial deal for UPS to save some time ditching the packages at USPS so the driver doesn't have to make so many stops.... and for USPS to make a local delivery without carrying a parcel across the country.... but it does add an extra day to the UPS service.

The clerk at the post office also tells me they have the same arrangement with Airborne Express.

Glad FedEx hasn't gone off the deep end!

According to what the UPS guy that does my daily pick-up said, only stuff that is not insured and under 5 pounds will go the the Post Office. He said they did that to address things like catalogs. Neither he or (according to him) the post office like the arrangement very much.

Bob