Matching KG 4's

flyboymd

I've gotten some great advice on matching KG 4's to older Klipsch products on this board. What about new Klipsch series? I saw that Best Buy has a higher end series of Klipsch...would those work? Only running a pair of KG 4's currently, but have a brand new 57" Sony HDTV that needs a center channel, subwoofer and surround speakers. Any advice will be welcomed. Scott

See the current thread in Odds in Mods with KG4.5 and KSF8.5 in the title. I've been discussing KG4 center there (we got off the original subject). In addition search for past threads too. Lastly, nothing currently in production is going to match your KG4s very well IMO, but it shouldn't be hard to find what you need on eBay (if you are patient).

There are several sets of speakers that will match your KG4's, none however are in current production. Any KG series will match for surrounds. I went with the 1.2's and the KV3 for a center. It enjoy it and it sounds great to me. As far as subwoofers go, I have not been able to find a match to the KG4's, and from what I understand (please correct me if I am wrong) it is not imperative for a sub to match your main speakers, centers, or surrounds, so I am looking into the SVS series.

Hope this helps 9.gif

flyboy- You are getting good advice. I matched my KG4s with a KV-3 center, although using another KG4 would be ideal. I would not suggest using any of the new models (Synergy/Reference) to try to match a center speaker. (And, BTW, Best Buy carries the Synergy line, which is the entry level line of Klipsch.)

I DID use the Synergy SS-1 surrounds, and they were fine.

DD

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of used kg4's about 6 years ago for 100 bucks, 20 bucks for a new diaphram, and I've loved them ever since. Not too long after I bought them, you could come to the website and enter the model of Klipsch mains, and you would get a recomendation for a center channel ( of course a third kg4 is ideal ). What was recomended at that time was the SC1. There may be a better choice now, but I have been very happy with the system I have put together.

kg4's

SC1

Atlantic Technology 254.1's

KSW 10