Klipsch RF7s vs. Polk RTi12s

telemundo

Hi, i've recently checked out the RF7s package and really liked the way it sounded at the local Good Guys' demo room. I was thinking about getting the whole package excluding the sub that it comes with and buy one SVS PCi20-39 sub. I wanted to power the RF7s with the Denon 3802Silver since i love the silver finish on all components. As later down the line I will add another 2 channel amp to power the RF7s. My living room is about 13x10 about 9ft. high. I'll mainly use the system for 80% movies and 20% music. What's your guys opinion of this setup? Will it be good enough? How's it compared to the Polk's comparable package with the same receiver and the highest RTi12s series? There's not a store around where I live that I can do A/B comparison between the Polk's RTi12s vs the Klipsch RF7s. How will my setup sound with the Denon 3803 with either the RF7s or RTi12s? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

hello and welcome to home theater stress! well i have owned polk speakers and must say they are a very good speaker but lack that high end crispness,and sound stage. even tho the lsi series are a little bit more refined than the rti series, it still lacks high end detail. the klipsch however using the famous klipsch horn brings out that crisp high end as you would hear the cymbals when listening to lets say a jazz number but at low level. the sound stage of a klipsch ref.series speaker is enveloping, and especially whith the rf7s is truly amazing. but only your ears will tell the difference,you be the judge and im sure youll come away with a satisfying system.my recommendation is klipsch if i may.9.gif

80% movies and 20% music

This tells me the RF7's will take residence in your house,if it was 20% HT and 80% music I would take a serious look and point to the PolkAudio upscale speakers.But its just me

Klipsch are more dynamic,efortless and will deliver one breath taking HT experience after another.Its an endless roller coaster

of emotions with a full Klipsch HT.And this to me is what a true high end theater is all about.

The Polk RTi are more like Dynaudio,they will transport you there when you listen to music,very good speakers.And with the new Vifa tweeter Polk uses they took performance close to the best made.Avery similar ring tweeter is also used in a few exotic High-End speakers.But a tweeter cannot cover it all,the new Polk midranges do a great job with the midband,clean and very little colorations,just some congestion at very high SPL.Nothing major,plus very few will push their speakers that far

Compare them if you can,but I feel you may frefer the Klipscg R series for HT.

After hearing the Ear compare compare Polk to Dynaudio I now know that Dynaudio has nothing over Klipsch, thats if the Polk and Dynaudio have the same sound character. I have heard Polk speakers before (500-2100 price range) and they have nothing over Klipsch they sound pale in comparison.

I have owned 2k Polk RTi towers and own rf7's,there is NO,let me repeat,NO comparison between those two.The LSI may sound better than RTi,for anyone that owns them I hope so.The rt2000i sounded like crap,plane and simple.One rf7 could easily outperform two rt2000i.Only Blose could have topped that scam,it turned me off on Polk forever.The only good thing to come of my 1k loss(when I dumped em' asap)was I learned to do extensive auditions at home on future purchases,Klipsch won me over.