What is wrong with this review

USparc

Just follow this link and give any comments

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/SpeakerPackages/Klipsh/KlipshRF-3RC-3RS-3KSW12.shtml

I give this review not much value as they can not even write klipsch correctly!!!!

Any opinions about this one???

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

what a joke! i stopped reading as soon as the guy started dising horns in general.

HCCO? could have just as easily called themselves ACME HT Reviews.

though good find Usparc. shows how different tastes can be. & leaves more, lower priced klipsch for us. cwm41.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

quote:

Ah now, here's the rub. By their very nature, horn loudspeakers are big, and this is certainly the case with the main speakers here

Read this like John Cleese would, makes for a cracking good read. Besides, the only horn is the tweeter. I label this reviewer... flawed.

Eric

------------------

You take Visa?

This message has been edited by lindee on 06-07-2001 at 10:24 PM

Let me first start by stating that I disagree with the reviewer completely. I love the sound of my horn Klipsch (not Klipsh as the review spelled it). Not only are they loud, but also they sound great, which is very important. I laughed when he said horn speakers are much larger and ugly. My RF-3s are gorgeous!!! They are no bigger than the other in their class

I do however realize that some people just do not like the sound of horns. That is totally fine. They leave more for us. LOL But seriously, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. The best way to find what you like is to spend several hours auditioning different types of speakers. Dont just trust a persons review completely. Defiantly consider different peoples opinions. Lets just say while we are on this subject, most of us who post, including BobG, PhilH and JimG, are biased to Klipsch and should not be totally trusted to place an unbiased review on a Klipsch model; or for that matter, any other.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3

RC-3

Synergy Rear surounds

"Klipsch, one of the oldest names in the US loudspeaker firmament, and famous for high-sensitivity loudspeakers with horn tweeters, has recently been going through a resurgence in the USA, where it claims to be number two, behind Bose. Now the brand is being reintroduced to the UK, and this is one of its launch systems."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Who else is about to piss theyer pants from laughing so hard?

Second Behind BOSE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

Yes, quite amusing, especially "second behind Blose." While I cannot comment on the new lines from Klipsch, I'll put my Forte II's up against anyone's speakers (granted, I'll lose against K-horn, Belle, but at least I'll lose to a family member) :Grin

I love that the Klipsch formula is for extremely high sensitivity speakers, that reproduce music quite faithfully. Not sure where this reviewer can slam horns "obvious loss of high-frequency detail and the hard, almost nasal colouration of the type often (but not always) associated with horns. With well-recorded music, the Klipsch system sounds unacceptably shut-in with material varying from a Beethoven symphony in stereo, to Roy Orbison and Cheryl Crow in 5.1 channel trim." But, he may be used to "normal" speakers, just as I am accustomed to horns. Personally, I think normal speakers sound kinda dead. Oh well, each their own.

quote:

Originally posted by Tony Reed:

They corrected the spelling. Here's the new link.

Tony

Well, I was in a pot-stirring mood yesterday when I read the post above (and the review from the associated link), so I sent off a little missive yesterday:

Re your review at http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/frame.html?http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/SpeakerPackages/Klipsh/KlipshRF-3RC-3RS-3KSW12.shtml

I'm sure you've received plenty of mail about this, but the correct spelling of Klipsch

must have slipped past your fact checkers (which I assume you use). It is difficult

to take a review very seriously when even the manufacturer's name is not spelled

correctly!

Personally, I find Klipsch speakers to be wonderfully alive, and free from the "piles

of wet blankets laying over them" sound that most speakers have. But that's the

great part of audio -- everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I've never

heard music come from ANY Klipsch model that sounded like Alvin's description: "Cup

your hands in front of your mouth and speak..." How cliche'.

Doug Drake

From "over there"

-------------------------------------------------

This morning, I had the following reply:

Doug,

well there's one advantage of having the material on the website - we can fix up errors made in the magazine.

Thanks for letting us know - I have altered the site.

As for your comments about the speakers, you will need to email Alvin directly. He's a very well respected audiophile expert. But hey, don't take the review personally.

Kind regards

Stuart Wright

----------------------------------------------------

To which I replied:

Stuart - Your rapid response to my email has me encouraged! No, I don't take it personally Smile.gif, but I guess I just get a little bugged about things

that seem to perpetuate the myth of the harshness of horns. I'm a huge fan of letting one's own ears decide, but I think that those types of comments

(which also come from sales people in audio shops) color peoples "ear-ditions."

Hey, no hard feelings.

Doug

---------------------------------------------------

(Are you sick of reading this yet?)

And then Stuart said:

No probs, Doug. I thought they were the best looking set of speakers in the bunch. Hopefully people will have sens enough to have an open mind when auditioning.

Kind regards

Stuart Wright

--

M2N operators of

www.homecinemachoice.com, www.totaldvd.net and www.what-cellphone.com

---------------------------------------------------

So, I have to give the magazine credit for being responsive and Stuart credit for being open minded. As for the reviewer, well that's another story.

Doug

I just cant take it. hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

second to bose

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

i think they were talking 2nd to blose in sales $.

nevertheless, shows how many truely novice listeners need help out there cwm35.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

hey guys! we sell the complete bose product lineRolleyes.gif i own klipsch! btw: bose makes more sales, w/out checking the sales figures for both companies, i think that's safe to say, but hyundai sells more cars than ferrari, so what?? HERE"S A GOOD ONE FOR YOU! a lady came in the store yesterday. she had called on the phone and said she had nothing but trouble w/ her bose lifestyle 25 system that was about 3yrs old. she had it serviced several times, went w/out it for a couple of months while in service, after the 3rd time in the shop said bose wouldn't replace it, AND--CAME IN AND BOUGHT A LIFESTYLE-25-II(yeah,i sold it to her!?) since i don't sell klipsch (loudspeaker-of-the-gods) i thought re-educating her would be a fruitless exercise.anyway,who'd've thunk'it!?? gonna read the review now. avman.

Thanks for the comments, feel al lot better now Smile.gif

But just, it keeps hounting me:

* Cup your hands in front of your mouth and speak ...

Yeh, indeed what a cliche. Makes you wonder if Mr.Gold actually listened to the system.??

* obvious loss of high-frequency detail ...

Very naive to say when talking about efficient "klipsch" horn tweeters!!!

* almost nasal colouration of the type often associated with horns...

There he is again. Go to a doctor Mr.Gold

* the Klipsch system sounds unacceptably shut-in ...

??? some explaination here

* The centre and surround speakers are not voiced ... quite like the main speakers

Ok, I can agree on that ( Not same size, sealed,...)

* the surround speakers sound alarmingly different...

but that bad I don't think so. I can not defend this one since my rears are perfectly matched up with another pair of RF-3's. I will be happy if someone who has the matching surrounds give some comment on this.

* they have the edgy, paper-comb-like quality that suggests phasiness, due to interference between the two widely spaced tweeters...

Where does he get this one ???

* A mixed bag, the Klipsch is bold and bright

NOW HE IS GOING TO FAR

(From his conclusion)

* system does suffer from quite severe colouration artefacts and a loss of homogeneity

Oh boy ...

* it is relatively unsophisticated and coloured

He is realy pushing it cwm23.gif

* it is large, and not particularly well turned out

Ok propably just his personal taste. cwm43.gif

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

Now I know why the Brits lost the Revolutionary War. After all, anyone who wears a red coat in the middle of battle, has to have been drinking a little more than tea and crumpets.

No wonder the Germans pummeled them with bombs for years.

"Second to blose?"... This review blows! Like magnaman said... take em' out of the box!cwm45.gif

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

I'm going to die of laughing so hard.

2nd to BOSE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

man I hope he was talking about sales.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm sorry guyz, but you gotta admit, this is one of the funniest things ever said.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

I'm going to die of laughing so hard.

2nd to BOSE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

man I hope he was talking about sales.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm sorry guyz, but you gotta admit, this is one of the funniest things ever said.

1. Bose

2. Klipsch

3. WHat? JBL?

HAHAHAHAHA

4. Then what? Sony?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

MORON ! hahahaha.

Red Coats.. hahaha. Middle of the war.. HAHAHA.

Silly Brits.

Bill Hicks. That ring a bell? to any one?

Whod've thunkit.. someone said that... and it made me think of him.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Guest BobG

Reading this thread has done me a world of good. I visited with the people who publish Home Cinema Choice and they seemed pleased to review Klipsch products. Unfortunately the review was done by another writer who may not have shared that opinion. I was offended by the misspelling of our name. Seems fair to expect that to be accurate in a product review.

Anytime we offer product for review we take our chances that the review will be good for the promotion of our brand. Positive reviews help drive sales, especially in the UK where Klipsch is becomming active for the first time in a long while. This negative review could have been very damaging to our efforts but it is not likely to be seen as highly reliable.

Thanks all for your support of Klipsch and your response to the review. We can take our lumps when the criticism is on target, but speaking personally, I do not feel we received careful consideration in this case.

Just couldn't keep my big yap shut.