Same price-Cornwalls or KLF-10s?

dkp

Congrats on the CWII's. I also have a pair of oiled oak from '87. I used them with a KLF-C7 for about a year until I found an Academy. Not a huge diff between the Academy and the C7 so I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. You definately have some great speakers. Would love to hear them with that Jolida amp. I have never put my CW's on my Scott but with the Khorns there, I don't see the need to strain my back moving them.

Thanks

The Jolid is quite nice for the $ I put out for it.

Ever seince I got a turntable I dont watch many movies.

I was thinking about selling the center and geting something that will match the RB-35's and geting mabey some RB-75's in front. Just use the cornwalls for 2 channel. Space is limited hear. O-well I am not to concerned. After so many speakers thruogh hear the GF is use to it now and just shakes her head and just dosent fight any more.

so Flason ...the klf-c7 matches pretty well with the heritage series afterall? So many people are saying the "timbre" is different and the academy is the only way to go. In my opinion the academy is a lesser speaker than the Klf-c7. It is certainly smaller and lighter.

----------------

On 12/7/2003 12:24:26 PM Colin wrote:

no brainer, both both, of he doen't like the Cornies, you might be able to sell them for a profit...

----------------

Might be able to sell them for a profit? I have never seen a pair go on eBay for less that $650 plus shipping. Buy any decent pair of CW's for $500. That is a steal. They go for more everyday!

BigBusa, The timbre is very close between the Academy and the KLF. I also think the KLF30's are very close to the Cornwall's. There are slight differences, but nothing as big as the diff between the RF's and Heritage. I went over to Mike Lindsey's house a few years back with my KLF's and compared them to both his Chorus I & II's. Chorus has been favorably compared to Cornwall's by several members of this board, some even favoring them. The KLF series, although slightly(very slightly) thinner in the mids, were almost identical to the Chorus'. The timbre of the KLF & Academy are more similar than different. I currently have the Academy as my center because I sold my KLF to a friend. Personally, I would be happy with either one.

Thanks for all the info, guys. In the past two months I have purchased an Infocus X1, screen, RF-7s, RC-7, RS-7 and RSW-15. When I told my wife that I should pick up these Cornwalls and just resell them on Ebay, I got "the look." I will be stopping in the dealers place this week sometime and will keep you posted. Any hints for selling this concept to my lovely wife??? (I think I can get them for a tad below $500.) By the way, she's about 8 weeks pregnant, so keep that in mind...

It's a definite no-go as a gift for Dad-they just won't fit and it seems as if the KLF-10s are a bit overpriced. I think that he may actually want to go with something a bit higher-end anyway, so we're going to wait until sometime next year to get rid of those Infinity's. Hightone-thanks for your offer on those KLF-20s, though.

David