Wall mounted Heresy's

spacelord2002

I believe I saw that J.M has his Heresy's mounted on the wall. That idea is appealing! I'm in the process of building a pair of stands for them but wall mounting is an option I hadn't thought of. Now what do you mean by that? Actually against the wall without the benefit of a shelf or ceiling rope? If so how would that be accomplished? If it's easy please explain how. Are the brackets out there capable enough to hold 55 pounds or do I have to make something? Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave

The Heresy is a great speaker to mount to the walls because it is built out of birch ply and can support its own weight from any side.

What I did was build a bracket out of 3/4" ply wood reenforced by standard 2x4s and hold the speaker with screws into its back. The bracket is screwed securely into the ceiling joists and wall studs. I designed the brackets in AutoCAD to calculate and angle the speaker to the sweet spot and conceal the bracket completely behind the speaker. Being a educated mechanical Engineer has its advantages in designing this. I have had friends look at them and tell me they look like they will fall off the wall and they would never hold. The secret is a bracket holding across the top pivoting the weight to the rear of the bracket into the wall behind the bracket. They have been up almost a year and a half with no problems at all.

Give me a few days and I can take some pics to show my brackets then they will make more sence.

I would not do this to a pristine pair of Heresys. The 2 pairs I mounted were from Ebay in good to average condition, one pair already had screw holes in its tops that I had to plug to seal the cabinet for proper performance.

JM

No, it sounds pretty straight forward, but I'm a little confused as to just screws are holding them to the bracket? It seems like putting holes in the wood would somehow change the sound characteristics. You know more than I do about that, some pics would be nice but don't go to too much trouble. I didn't think the stuff they have in the stores would be sufficient. My walls are 8' high. If I was to go ahead with this would I put them all the way up, or a bit from the top, what?

Dave

I will share my info and pics in a few days. Ive been working my A$$ off lately and not home much.

As for the screw holes - It does not effect the sound quailty because the screw seals the hole it created. The Heresy needs to have a sealed box to perform properly. Even if the screw thread breaks through the inside, it will not effect the sound since it only displaces a few cubic milimeters at most.

What I do is have precut 2x4's designed to fit into my bracket. The 2x4's are screwed to the backboard of the Heresy before mounting. At mounting time the bracket assemblys are already mounted to the ceiling and wall,except for the Heresy and the 2x4s that are attached. I then have somebody hold the Heresy into the bracket while I screw through the predrilled holes in my plywood bracket into the 2x4's that are attached to the Heresy.

This will make sence when you see the pics later.

JM

• Klipsch Employees

REMEMBER!!! THE HERESY IS NOT BUILT TO BE HUNG. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Here is a Heresy that can be hung.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v /><?xml:namespace prefix = o />

The Heresy cabinet is but together with butt joints so although built from plywood, it may not hold it own weight.

post-4254-13819250624128_thumb.jpg