ETA for Promedia 5.1

I have no idea.

But I must say, Good choice Smile.gif

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

I'm also on the market for a new system and waiting to hear the upcoming Klipsch 5.1 before I buy. But, before I buy a Klipsch system I really want to know what the latest is on Klipsch upgrading their speakerwire! Are they going to? The ones I have heard and looked at have very crappy wire. I could change the wire but have no idea how to propperly place a 1/8" jack on it and, form the looks of the forum, I could have I very high chance of having a problem w/ a set of Klips and do not want to void their warrenty!!!

So, whats the latest on the Klip wire!

A Klipsch Technician posted a message on this forum somewhere, stating the new 5.1 have a different wire setup. They did away with the 1/8 inch plugs and now have spring clips on both ends (satelite end and amp end) of all the speaker wire.

Dayton

Amy told me that there will be a digital decoder out for Klipsch ProMedia speakers, it will be compatible with all models and will save many ppl a lot of money. I have a $149 Digital 5.1 sound card, and only has 4.1 output analog. i will pay the $90 for a digital decoder. what about yall? i think it is great. klipsch really listens to us!

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

KOOL KOOL KOOL KOOL!!!!

Man, as soon as I get money, I am going to upgrade my Fishers.

Then, get that Digital Decoder, and the new Pro Media 5.1's

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

quote:

Originally posted by DPEMD1997:

I am looking at buying a new system right now. I am willing to wait a little while for the 5.1. Does anyone know when they might be for sale?

I don't believe it, I just bought the 4.1 system and now if I understand you all correctly there will be a 5.1 out soon? What will be the cost, differences etc? Will 4.1's be upgradeable?f>

------------------

Thanks, Jay

The sub is bigger, more powerful, and there is a center channel. You wouldn't believe what I just rigged up in my room Smile.gif

Anyway,

Dayton, I think thats your second post stating something about the wires? it doesn't make a difference whether its clips or jacks, the clips will for sure make a better connection. As to crackling with the jacks, you know i can't tell you the last time i had to pick up my speakers and fiddle with the wires while watching a movie Smile.gif leave them be, and they don't crackle, mess with them, and they do. But clips will be nicer, its not that much an improvement.

tom

Hmmm... I don't know all the answers yet, but I can answer a few...

Yes on the spring clips--plus 18 gauge wire!!

The control pod is completely different from the control pods of the previous versions, and I'm quite certain it will be completely clean (top priority!).

The heatsink problems on the 4.1 sub were caused by a manufacturing defect on a very small number of units. This will not be a problem with future 4.1s or the 5.1s--plus the subwoofers are completely different.

That's all I have for now... Oh, except the system completely rocks!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum23/HTML/000176.html

quote:

Originally posted by Rkn-Rod:

Hmmm... I don't know all the answers yet, but I can answer a few...

Yes on the spring clips--plus 18 gauge wire!!

The control pod is completely different from the control pods of the previous versions, and I'm quite certain it will be completely clean (top priority!).

The heatsink problems on the 4.1 sub were caused by a manufacturing defect on a very small number of units. This will not be a problem with future 4.1s or the 5.1s--plus the subwoofers are completely different.

That's all I have for now... Oh, except the system completely rocks!

Hi,

Will the 5.1's support digital in?

Thanks

-- james

------------------

"Well, we got you here... and in good

time, too!"

-- The Driver, "Star" directed by Guy Ritchie @ www.bmwfilms.com