Great Imaging with Cornwalls - Tip

mace

Well, since the Christmas tree takes priority for a month my right Cornwall got relegated to the corner of the room to join his brother. The right Cornwall normally sits where the tree now resides. The imaging has, however, increased dramatically. I just stick my head right between them and *wow*.

Happy Holidays!

Mace

Christmas%20CW%202003.jpg

post-6470-13819250706168_thumb.jpg

Yo,

Mobile: Although sometimes I'm not sure when you are sarcastic or not sometimes, I'll take it that you're being sarcastic about the tree! This tree is the most crooked, non-filled-in tree we've had in quite some time. I'm not sure how you could've thought it was a fake-o one, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. We've always liked the smell that real trees fill the room with.

We've been playing a lot of Christmas music anyway so I haven't done much "listening". Jingle Cats sound pretty much the same whether the speakers are together or not!

Mace

I had to do exactly the same thing with my corns to accomodate the tree for a month or so.

One comment, if your pictured setup improves your imaging, then my friend it sounds like you need to look at your normal speaker placements.

If you can put them together and the sound improves, your setup needs an adjustment. Something is less than optimal. It sounds like they are too far apart.

When I put mine together to accomodate the tree, the sound changed but not for the better. I spend alot of time finding the optimal placement for imaging as I have discussed in other threads.

Hope you find your spots after the holidays.4.gif

Jingle Cats: A CD with Christmas songs sung by Cats... yes, Cats. They take samples of actual meows and put them in the song at the right time when the pitch matches. I think the original thing was done with dogs, you may remember Jingle Bells being sung by dogs a few years back.

As to my imaging comments... I really was kidding! I do not actually sit there, right between the speakers, and get great sound. I should've used more smileys, I s'pose. In all seriousness, there is no soundstage whatsoever with such an arrangement. I guess I thought that my comments about how popping both speakers in the same corner greatly improves sound wouldn't have been taken seriously!

I need less "corn" and more "wall" for my Cornwalls!

Mace