Neo, Here's your chance.

Guy Landau

Paul, Kelly did say that IF he going to sell his Moondogs, he'll sell them to me. That's a big IF. And not wanting to part with something he loves dearly is not a sin. I am the troublemaker here as I have been very persistent in trying to pursue him to give up his Moondogs.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neo

so you never said humming was the norm for PP Gear Heh !

This is copied from the "Moondogs Chicken bone thread" posted by NEO

"Sometimes I worry about you!"

Craig, thanks I didn't know you'd care 2.gif.

"I do believe and correct me if I'm wrong that both your PP amps are 40+ years old and still 100% stock. Trust me first off you are not even close to listening to what either amp is capable of doing. Second off they can be near dead silent if properly rebuilt especially the Scott."

Of course my Scott 299B is still in its original form. But the original owner of the EICO HF-81 assurred me that "the power supply caps are replaced and the amp has no hum." It still hums, more audible on the RF7s then my bookshelves. Now I know you're going to say "then it has not been PROPERLY rebuilt". See, I can read mind, too. Craig, its not a matter of "properly" rebuilt. Its the inherent design and the hum is more audible on horns since they are more sensitive.

I stand by what I said, Craig. I have not touch the Scott 299B. The EICO HF-81 has a couple lose caps and some lose tubes connection. I had the caps resoldered and tubes reseated. The Scott 299B hums less on my 89dB bookshelves and hums more on the 98dB Fortes. The HF-81 is dead quiet on the bookshelves but it is slightly audible from a few inches away from the Fortes. The same goes for my PP monoblocks. My cheap SET monos are dead quiet on both set of speakers.

PS. Of course this discussion is pointless since I don't have any of the said gears.

Neo

You are unbelievable

first you say you never said the Hum was inherent to the push pull design! So I go check where you did indeed say it and post what you said.

Now you do a complete 360 and say you still stand by it!!

It IS NOT INHERENT to the design to have hum your amps have problems. In fact its easier to get a PP design quite compared to SET. Either can be built to be quite its just touchier about every wire and component placement on SET design!

your supposed SET amps are what a few years old? These supposed vintage pieces are 40+ years old and your acting like the are rendition of the product like it came of the shelf in 1960 DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Your statements are completely flawed! Just admit it and get over it Geeeezzz

Craig<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Guest Anonymous

Neo,

Get what YOU want, Buy what YOU want, all else is BS.

Keep Smiling9.gif2.gif Life is not long enough,especially for the direction of THIS thread!

IT'S your money, spend it as you like!

Smilin16.gif

"The picture Kelly posted looks like its right out of a Mac advertisement to me it also looks very much doctored up. I myself do not trust any photo that has been enhanced with by Kelly as being a true rendition of a piece this man is a genius with graphics programs."

Craig, you're such an idiot and you take every opportunity to put people down. Can any of you McIntosh people out there tell me is it true that the photos of my home theather system (*) were taken out of a "Mac advertisement"?

In their ads, McIntosh don't ever have their own gears mixed with other gears! You're truly a "piece of work", Craig!

(*) Webpage courtesy of Kelly.

PS. By the way, tell me how do you doctored such photos, Craig? I'd say that if Kelly can cut and paste picture from magazines to such a degree of perfection, then he wouldn't be sitting here arguing with you because he would be a big-time hollywood producer and you'd be begging him for a job! LOL.

What a nasty thread - wow?

Was there any single useful posting here? Maybe one or two - the rest was just plain ugly.

As for the possibility photos are doctored.....well....with digital anything is possible...I have a photo somewhere (had more likely - cant find it now - not that I could post it here anyway) of a certain well known terrorist exploring the back passage of a certain well known president. My guess is it is a doctored shot!!

Frankly anyone and everyone on here could have doctored shots of their systems - it is just one of those things you take on trust.

As a final remark I do not think it is a fair tactic to bring up old posts from any individual to show them contradict themselves. Hell - I have done it so many times I had to change my sig. to accomodate it.

"Frankly anyone and everyone on here could have doctored shots of their systems - it is just one of those things you take on trust."

So Max, you think I doctored my own home theater system? And I can describe the parts in each component down to every solder join and even tiny screws? Think I can tell you how many letters and numbers on the faceplate? Or maybe, ripping my system apart piece by piece and show you photos of every part? Now, I wonder where can I find magazines which such details to doctor such photos. I bet you can't even tell me how many screws are in your own amp, Max!

"As a final remark I do not think it is a fair tactic to bring up old posts from any individual to show them contradict themselves."

Are you saying I am digging up old post? This just posted yesterday, Max!

Actually Neo I was saying precicely the opposite - that I do NOT think you doctored your shot.

What I was saying, in fact, is that anyone could have doctored their shots - but generally we take it on trust that they havent.

Jesus - talk about getting the wrong end of the stick!!

Ya know NEO, that remark towards Max was totally uncalled for.

Ol' Max has been here a long time, and never gets involved with flame war arguements. His post wasn't directed at you as a insult.

Hell, Max seems more American than most Americans. And that's rather strange, because he's Greek!

OK. So you've been Trounced on by a few Forum members, maybe you had it coming, maybe not, who cares....

But don't think everyone is on a big witch hunt for you, getting all defensive everytime someone questions your opinion.

(People can doctor digital pictures, Photoshop is fun!)

I think Max mentioning one's digging up posts to contradict other's, is meant in a generalized way towards all Forum members who do it. Not just directed at you.

If you keep popping off on other Forum members, just because they have a difference in opinion, then nobody will really have much use for you.

Of course you don't have to get along with the one's that don't get along with you. Just show some respect in general.JMHO.

Christ, I need to do something constructive...........

Hey Neo, seems your search for MDs came just after the last (and I'll add nice) pair was offered on eBay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3055464828

They're exceptional amps IMO and worth waiting for, haven't seen the Matrix Revolution so will throw out a quote from LOTR to give you strength until you find the right pair..

Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre,

mod sceal þe mare þe ure maegen lytlað.

(you'll have to see the movie for a translation)

Max, to put a little spring in your step, perhaps you can bring along any one these to the horn bar on Friday..

IMAGINARY

GIRLFRIEND

btw, sanity is overrated..